Fletcher Dragge, Ibanez RG

japetus

Fletcher Dragge from the band Pennywise had some custom RG's made for him that were bigger bodies, back in the late 90s/early 2000's. I was recently told by a trustworthy source that Ibanez came out with some other guitars like this. Does anyone know about them? Apparently the body was 1/4 bigger. I know it's probably not possible but if anyone knows Fletcher Dragge, I'd just like to know the specs of the guitars.
bigRG.jpg

Looking at that picture many years after it was in an Ibanez catalog I now see that the neck looks tiny on that body.

Looking at that picture many years after it was in an Ibanez catalog I now see that the neck looks tiny on that body.
It's a 24 fret neck, but the body is bigger. This is a badass idea and I heard some were released in Japan under another model but I can't find it (but I would really like to know what Fletcher Dragge did)

The guitars would have been made in the LACS shop so they probably just enlarged the template outline on a body blank and did everything else the same. An easy way to do this is trace a body with the pencil in a spacer like a washer that enlarges the outline by the thickness of the washer.

Back