Splawn Clip

Nice!!! that's really smooth for a Splawn no mid spike, I just loaded a Charvel Dk24 with the Aldrich/SSV combo sounds killer .
Aldrich bridge is becoming one of my "go to" bridge pickups
I use the CaptorX live too, it really does make life a lot easier.
Sadly I never get to "crank" mine as I still use my cab on stage, and would deafen anyone within 20 feet of the stage LOL!
do you notice a change in tone when you get to open it up?
The bottom end starts to come through once you open it up. I use the first setting of attenuation when we play live so that I don't tear anyone's head off.

Oh ok. Well....it definitely does. You have to get it in its happy zone. For me, that's Gain = 2 oclock, front Vol 11 oclock, loop Vol 3 or 4 oclock. Then, earplugs :D
I've had the amp at 10:00 on the master one time. It was frighteningly loud. I typically don't go past 9:00 on the volume.

Sounds great! Is that Iceman bass a warmoth build or something else?
He has two Iceman style basses that were built by a local luthier. They are neck thru. One is all maple and the other is a shit ton of different woods.

holy crap I have to imagine that is loud as hell, I'm going to have to try and open mine up through the 4X12 I have here when the wife is not home (pop in those ear plugs) and see what I think. I usually run the gain at 11:00 boosted but I'm thinking wide open it probably sounds better without it

I think my amp must have a little bit more sweep to it too because people say that but my amp is not rip your head off until it is well past 10:30 oclock. I do play heavier stuff too :D Gear 2/OD2. I think my amp sounds closer to SFWs than others as mine has a smoother grind to it.

I think my amp must have a little bit more sweep to it too because people say that but my amp is not rip your head off until it is well past 10:30 oclock. I do play heavier stuff too :D Gear 2/OD2. I think my amp sounds closer to SFWs than others as mine has a smoother grind to it.
The clip is Gear 3 OD1. Presence at noon, bass at 10:00, mids at 11:00, treble at noon and gain at 1:00. Master was at 9:00.

I only have gear one and too :( so I guess I can't do a direct compare
I live in gear one boosted

I only have gear one and too :( so I guess I can't do a direct compare
I live in gear one boosted
The older models had less gain on tap. Hence why I am on Gear 3. Tonally, I find gear 1 and gear 3 to be pretty close. Gear 2 is worthless to me. The bottom end is too loose, and I am not a boost it kinda guy. lol!

Joel - this is your home. I saw the look on your face when I played it in the studio with you that weekend. I knew you'd end up with one. took long enough lol!

Back