GMW guitars? soloist aka jackson....

hopkinWFG

Howdy.... have came to read about GMW guitars many years back and i just happen to think maybe i should go do a neck thru soloist aka jackson SL2H since jackson prices has been ridiculously high.... and just wanna get pure insights from people who owns a GMW guitar... how close can Lee puts up his soloist comparing to Jackson SL2H? Neck profile, tone and build quality?

i do own few Jacksons USA before and does the GMW has the same about of tone whom jackson SL2H puts out? good lowend, good mids and thick tones is what i am looking for.... whats ya view on the GMW? Thanks

He's not building entire guitars any more. Semi-retired. Refinishing, or adding a body to a neck type of work, but that's it. You're about 5 years too late.

He's not building entire guitars any more. Semi-retired. Refinishing, or adding a body to a neck type of work, but that's it. You're about 5 years too late.
Ouch... His site still has the available builds thou... It's sad if that's the case... Thanks anyway for ya info here :)

Not to mention if u want something different than what's in his wheel house he becomes difficult to deal with and with that said he does do great work and his attention to detail his top notch.

If you are OK with a bolt on and 22 frets you can get a soloist/dinky etc from Chubtone. Also Jackson just released some USA soloist for around 22-2400 but with HSS pickup config. Which sucks as I would prefer HH

Me and my buddy made a ton of retarded websites on Angelfire and Geocities back in the day....wish I could revisit them :(
Those were the good days. Your website could not be considered badass unless you had a couple of these on there:
smallerskull.gif

Back