Re-tolexed my Shiva 20th

griff10672

Just finished up putting it back together this afternoon .... I think it came out MINTY !!

Attachments

• 20220910_174319.jpg
    20220910_174319.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 103
  • 20220910_174432.jpg
    20220910_174432.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 104
Looks great! My corners come out fairly decent, but not near as clean as those. If not for the pattern I doubt you could even tell there was a seam.
That western tolex is becoming pretty popular these days. For anyone interested Hobby Lobby usually has black and brown readily available. I've seen several other colors available from sellers on etsy.

Looks great! My corners come out fairly decent, but not near as clean as those. If not for the pattern I doubt you could even tell there was a seam.
That western tolex is becoming pretty popular these days. For anyone interested Hobby Lobby usually has black and brown readily available. I've seen several other colors available from sellers on etsy.
JoAnnes Fabric also carries some cool patterns in vinyl wrap ..... some stores have some of the cool stuff in stock too ...

JoAnnes Fabric also carries some cool patterns in vinyl wrap ..... some stores have some of the cool stuff in stock too ...
I've really been liking all the different crocodile and snakeskin patterns and colors. Some are so 80s-90s gaudy that it crosses the line and looks cool. I've done several amps with those. My 2 favorites that I've used are the bright blue python and lavender/white crocodile. I Did my Randall RM100 with the crocodile and probably this weekend will start wrapping a 412 cab to match.

Its funny that manufacturers stick with actual tolex when most any vinyl upholstery fabric works as well and is just as durable. There's a lot more fun & interesting colors and patterns with that than tolex. You'd think some would want to use something a little different to stand out from the pack.

Back