Gary Moore shows some of his guitars.

My favorite guitarist by far. I always wanted to see him solo but never did. I did see him in '77 when he was in Thin Lizzy for that short stint. One of my favorite concerts as they opened up for Queen. Actually it was many years later that I realized it was him I'd seen and not Robertson.

My favorite guitarist by far. I always wanted to see him solo but never did. I did see him in '77 when he was in Thin Lizzy for that short stint. One of my favorite concerts as they opened up for Queen. Actually it was many years later that I realized it was him I'd seen and not Robertson.
Man, Thin Lizzy with Gary playin is bucket list stuff. Your a lucky man.

My favorite guitarist by far.
Me too. I was actually heartbroken when he died. I had so much respect for that man's skills, like no other guitar player on the planet. He was one of a kind, and until I found Jeff Kollman, I never thought I'd find another player with so much culture. Jazz? No problem. Blues? One of the best. Shred? He damn sure did before the blues kick. Flamenco? Yep. Classical? Yep. Spanish guitar? Yep. And he didn't just "dabble" he played it all at an extremely high level.

I held his 59 Les Paul that ended up with Kirk. I was scared shitless afraid to drop it. 🤣
Supposedly, they're coming out with a replica, and calling it a Kirk Hammett model? Not sure if that's true, but if so, that's totally classless. Put Gary's name on it for crying out loud.

Gary was a triple threat to me as in singer/songwriter/guitarist. He could manhandle a guitar like very few can and get some great tones out of it. I wish he could have put out one more rock album.

Back