Phillip Sayce

Slick player. Love white man blues where they are super aggressive and dig in like that. Great voice too. Nothing new playing wise but it is almost like my ear never gets tired of hearing that tone and style of playing. Pedal effects too.

Pretty solid vibrato.

Good vibrato makes such a big difference in a player. I’ve listened to guys that are considered lords of shred and then you hear their vibrato and it’s sterile, you feel nothing. Then you hear someone like Jimmy Page or SRV and when you hear their vibrato, you think to yourself, “good lord, but that’s insane vibrato!!!”

Sayce has good vibrato. Sends him to the next level. Bravo mr. sayce, well done. You took the time to learn and unleash powerful vibrato, plus, it also has to be inside you somewhere and you need to figure out how to access it.

You know when you first started playing and you would be laying in bed, fantasizing about your future rock n roll glory? and in your head you would be playing a magnificent song? You would imagine this super cool riff but no way you could hope to figure out how to play what you are hearing in your head, well, I think epic vibrato is similar, it has to be in there somewhere and not everyone can call upon such magnificence. Sayce can.

Pretty solid vibrato.

Good vibrato makes such a big difference in a player. I’ve listened to guys that are considered lords of shred and then you hear their vibrato and it’s sterile, you feel nothing. Then you hear someone like Jimmy Page or SRV and when you hear their vibrato, you think to yourself, “good lord, but that’s insane vibrato!!!”

Sayce has good vibrato. Sends him to the next level. Bravo mr. sayce, well done. You took the time to learn and unleash powerful vibrato, plus, it also has to be inside you somewhere and you need to figure out how to access it.

You know when you first started playing and you would be laying in bed, fantasizing about your future rock n roll glory? and in your head you would be playing a magnificent song? You would imagine this super cool riff but no way you could hope to figure out how to play what you are hearing in your head, well, I think epic vibrato is similar, it has to be in there somewhere and not everyone can call upon such magnificence. Sayce can.

the only thing I think I have continued to work on to make it better is vibrato. I 100% agree with you. Many of the greats have amazing vibrato. EVH, Yngwie, Schenker ...., Hammet. lol.

This is one of the best versions of Morning Star out there, from way back :rock:

Interesting tidbit if you're at all into this guy....he's playing "Mother" in this vid, look at photos of Mother now, and understand that guitar was flawless when he got it.....

Back