The Queen has Passed

She was "forced" into the job when her dad died; she was 21 IIRC.

She set an incredibly-high bar for herself in every respect and managed to fulfil and maintain it for 70 years. No mean feat. Few would be up to this.

"Ordinary" folk who met her were often blown-away by her concerns / interest in their "lowly" / "trivial" issues and lives. She kept her feet on the ground throughout, through thick and thin. A veritable rock.
Indeed.

Strength and grace defined her. Extraordinary woman by any measure. She stayed true to her convictions, principles, and commitments to service until the very end literally, welcoming the new PM only days before her death.

As bad as I hated to see it, I knew her time was running out. I'm certain many others could see it as well. After Prince Phillip passed, I knew she wouldn't be much longer for this world.

Still a shock. Count me among the saddened.

The British Monarchy has closed a long chapter with her passing. Part of a distinguished and perhaps unequaled provenance within an era.

Godspeed Queen Elizabeth. You are loved and cherished in the hearts and souls of many all over the world.

arAp6Fx.jpg

The Stockholm Effect in this thread is strong with many :ROFLMAO:

When the truth about this witch gets further exposed on a level that is undeniable by anybody I suspect some of you will be curled up in the fetal position shaking and sucking your thumb. She was one of the biggest drug dealers, child traffickers and oppressors the world has ever known.

I will never understand how the English ( and a lot of Americans too) can look at anyone in the royal family and feel anything but disdain. People with otherwise good sense falling all over them selves because of someone’s last name is insane. She was no more “Royal” than the least of her subjects. Her death is no more important to me than any other old lady that died recently. We have a lot of politicians here that think they are royalty, and oh so very important. They are not, and people dispise them for it. Why don’t people on the other side of the pond feel that way. How can an Englishman come home to his council house ( with a postage stamp for a back yard) after a hard days work, and not be pissed about the vast estates and acreages that the crown owns. Owns for no other reason than who their parents parents were. I guess it just never occurs to some people that the royal family is only royal because they allow it. Any system that requires one human to knee bow to another should be burned to the ground. If you are content with that system, it it because you have been brainwashed into low self esteem to believe that others are better than you simply because of there last name.

Back