DLR band live in the studio 'Panama' + 'Ain't Talkin'

Outstanding. Killer, killer tone - so much clarity. And as always, incredible playing.

David sounds great here!

IMHO - you should have been the first - and only - choice for the long rumored VH ‘tribute’ act.

That guitar tone is seriously juicy. I'm telling you fellas, the Crate blue Voodoo is not to be laughed at....

.....😎

What happened with the Vega$ shows?
Covid outbreaks and shows never rescheduled, was a bummer!
Nice! Thick tone too. Sounds like the amp is right on the edge of blowing up. What amp was that anyway?
Marshall '69 Superbass converted to EVH SuperLead specs by Friedman, variac at 90 volts, dimed!
That guitar tone is seriously juicy. I'm telling you fellas, the Crate blue Voodoo is not to be laughed at....

.....😎
it's actually a Gorilla practice amp:oops:

Sounds like I knew it would sound really good. If there is a Van Halen tribute with the original members (Mike-Dave-Al) why in the world would they not pick you to play in it? I'm hearing they talked to Joe Satch but I just cannot see him playing Edward's parts. You are the guy for that gig.

I straight up missed this thread until I saw it ref in another thread earlier today. Al you’re the man…as usual! 😂

A bud and I were just talking last week about Dave and how well he had (appeared to) preserved himself. Maybe all the karate and yoga and calisthenics he was into back in the day kept him healthy?

I further commented, despite his apparent physical well being, IMO, Dave just couldn’t cut it any longer, vocally speaking. The vein of the conversation was around how well some of the veterans can still bring the vocals. After hearing what's posted here however, I retract my initial comments. I thought Dave sounded great!

Last edited:
I just happened upon ATAL on YouTube. Came here to post it and seen you had updated the thread. DLR is sounding good as does the band. I agree with the game that the tempo is a little slow, but that is the nature of live music with real, human musicians. I hope yall post more for us to enjoy.

Covid outbreaks and shows never rescheduled, was a bummer!

Marshall '69 Superbass converted to EVH SuperLead specs by Friedman, variac at 90 volts, dimed!

it's actually a Gorilla practice amp:oops:

That's how you do it! Awesome playing as always but yeah, that tone totally smokes! Pretty good production too, they really let that guitar punch through.

Back