NGD: EBMM Axis

Rick Lee

I thought I was going to be able to resist these new colors, but this one grabbed me. Very hard to photograph, but suffice it to say it looks killer. Roasted maple neck with stainless frets and it practically plays itself. These are the best. Now, would someone please buy my amber one?

I have five others, two of which are the old EVH ones. And they feel like playing bricks by comparison. Geeze, this neck and SS frets just play like butter. How can I go back?

Beautiful guitar! They really are great playing and sounding guitars Big Time congratulations!

Nice. I've had several Axises....Axis'....? over the years and they were always great. My 2nd "real" guitar was a red one that I played to death.

I do wish they put a slight contour in the top edge where your right arm encounters the body, but aside from that they are nearly perfect guitars.

Clearly, its time for another one!

I have five others, two of which are the old EVH ones. And they feel like playing bricks by comparison. Geeze, this neck and SS frets just play like butter. How can I go back?
Love it!
Would you older ones play closer to the new one if you cleaned/reoiled/0000 steel wooled the necks & frets?

The EVH models are pretty collectible and, though I'll never sell them, I also don't want to modify them too much. However, if I ever wear down the frets on any of my older Axes, I'll probably use SS for the refret.

I hear you on the value of the EVH models. I'm talking about routine maintenance & cleaning though on a gunstock oiled neck, not modifying. I'm with you on the SS frets if ever needed. Anyway, congrats on a sweet Axis.

I've got one just like your burst one. Super cool to play. I was surprised how small the neck and body was after coming from LP's.
I can't for the life of me get my D-tuna to go on it though. I've tried every which way and it just won't work. Wrong angles and it jams up. Ironic considering it's an EVH model. I must be doing something wrong.

The D-Tuna works best when you remove the leaf spring from the low E. You can probably cut it with a pair of dikes. If you take the whole bridge apart, you can just bend it back and forth until it breaks off. You just don't need that extra tension when installing a D-Tuna. The Wolfgangs come without it from the factory.

That’s a nice one man! I have a trans pink 96 Axis EX that is amazing!
2EAD20AC-2227-44B3-A8EE-AEBB5503DE7E.jpeg

I had a Pink Axis Tribute, which was my main guitar for years. I sold it for about what I paid for it to raise funds for a pink EBMM EVH. But I just never bonded with that one for some reason. I sold it for a small profit before things got crazy. I know pink the bomb for those guitars, but that one just didn't grab me like others do/did.

Back