Paul Audia, who is this guy? Tasty player.

Kapo_Polenton

He rips in context of his style. Has great feel and chops and I like his tone and use of that big echo. I know these SRV / KWS white blues guys are a dime a dozen now but I like this guy more than some of the big names like Bonamassa for example. He puts it together nicely and his strat stays in tune! Got a nice light fuzz going on or something and a subtle nod to EJ possibly.

Gotta have the image too. Fedora's are awesome. One minute you have assassinated a president from the grassy knoll, the next you are rocking out on your
is that a canoe in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

naah...thats just a shaggy strat under my long coat...i never know when am i going to get the blooooes...

is that a canoe in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

naah...thats just a shaggy strat under my long coat...i never know when am i going to get the blooooes...

Canoe!? You flatter me, might make it to pickle status one day if my dreams come true!

I love SRV and was a big fan all thru his career, starting with the Bowie record. But it got so copied and inspired this whole league of "bluesmen" that I couldn't listen to it anymore. It's like my mind just shuts it out even to this day. Don't get me wrong, I can still listen to SRV and Hendrix because they were very special players. But pretty much anyone else and I just cant do it. Altho I'll admit I did like early Bonamasssa when it was a 3-pc, probably because of the obvious EJ influence added. But I really only liked early Bonamassa live, his studio stuff never did anything for me.

Last edited:
I like blues and didn’t care for a single thing about that guy. Frenetic for frenetic’s sake, no dynamics, no soul. Just spazzing it out. Also agree with Spider about tuning out stuff that’s too SRV like (not this guy, he gets tuned out on his own merit..😉). Plus wearing a hat indoors? Douche!! 😂

I must not be fully awake yet. At first glance, I thought the thread title said Paula Abdul. I thought, "That's it! First a Nickelback thread and now this? Fuck this forum and it's slipping standards! :LOL:

There are a lot of guys like this on Instagram and YouTube. Many SRV, and Hendrix, and SRV/Hendrix hybrid players.

If you like the white boy blues check this dude out. I have seen him cut loose before, this is the first result I got looking him up. His two rocks sound good.

As someone who's been around awhile, I have to say I hate seeing grown men guitarists who are nothing more than parrots. They learn the licks, a few rhythms and add nothing of there own to it. They have no style of their own. That's ok your first years of playing but unless you develop and have a style you can call your own, what's the point.
I'm playing a long time. For decades I ripped off any licks I could get under my fingers, but when I listen back to recordings of myself, I hear the bits and pieces but it's mostly "me".

There are a lot of guys like this on Instagram and YouTube. Many SRV, and Hendrix, and SRV/Hendrix hybrid players.

If you like the white boy blues check this dude out. I have seen him cut loose before, this is the first result I got looking him up. His two rocks sound good.

...dont think so....he is HATLESS !

if he is not taking himself seriously, how am i supposed to ? :D

Matt is a badass IMO. His Two Rock signature amps sound great too. Eric Gales is another guy who has massive chops , but he has his own style.

Tough crowd here.. the guy plays different styles as well judging by his videos and I think he puts it together well personally. We all know the licks, we all know the style true, but at a certain point there are only so many ways to play the same box. But yeah there are some notable strat players that stand out like EJ, YJM, Norum, Moore when he played them etc. But there is absolutely zero room for anyone new to come along as it has all been done at this point.

Tough crowd here.. the guy plays different styles as well judging by his videos and I think he puts it together well personally. We all know the licks, we all know the style true, but at a certain point there are only so many ways to play the same box. But yeah there are some notable strat players that stand out like EJ, YJM, Norum, Moore when he played them etc. But there is absolutely zero room for anyone new to come along as it has all been done at this point.
Considering this was done in 1976 and he doesn’t just play outside the box, he destroys the box.

There’s always room for someone to come along and make us feel something. Considering the blues has been with us for 100 years. (Probably longer) it didn’t suddenly become obsolete after SRV. That’s what’s so great about it. All it takes is a choice in phrasing, vibrato and tone and it hit’s you all over again. It’s an amazing art form (well, music in general really) where you can have the same notes played for decades but it takes the human experience and touch to make it something different and memorable. It’s a form of music that can really expose the human spirit.

Last edited:
Considering this was done in 1976 and he doesn’t just play outside the box, he destroys the box.

There’s always room for someone to come along and make us feel something. Considering the blues has been with us for 100 years. (Probably longer) it didn’t suddenly become obsolete after SRV. That’s what’s so great about it. All it takes is a choice in phrasing, vibrato and tone and it hit’s you all over again. It’s an amazing art form (well, music in general really) where you can have the same notes played for decades but it takes the human experience and touch to make it something different and memorable. It’s a forms of music that can really expose the human spirit.

hey ! your 'guy' is also wearing a hat indoors !!! what da...?

Back