what would be the Spec of your signature guitar?

veji

If money was not an issue and if you could have the best guitar luthiers around the world make you one signature guitar. What spec would it be?

Body wood:
Neck wood: Fingerboard wood:
Pickups:
Finish/color:
other details?

Hmm...

Body Wood - Mahogany w/ Maple Top
Neck Wood - Mahogany w/Ebony Board w/ binding
Body Style - ESP Horizon
Pups - Neck Single, Bridge HB
Finish - Grayish transparent flame/ no binding on the body

Various - Neck Through 24 fret w/PRS radius, Reverse headstock (fender/ESP style) with locking tuners - non angled headstock, Non locking Floyd Rose, One Volume, One Tone/ Push/Pull to split the HB, 3 way switch.

It would basically be a clone of my '89 Hamer USA Californian:

Honduran mahogany body

3 piece stressed maple neck with brazillian rosewood board

SS frets

H/S pickup config

tremolo

When I got my custom headless guitar made I basically used those same specs (except I went with a roasted maple neck and ebony board) and the guitar came out exactly like I wanted. Now it's like I own two Calis and one of them is really crazy looking :LOL:

Mine would be a Kinda Clone of a Gibson Les Paul Standard I have, except it would only have 1 Hum & 1 Volume but would still have the switch for looks. and i might choose a different color that i've never owned before.

I don't need a luthier to make me a signature guitar, I'd make it myself.... which I already have done several times. I have a bunch that I made, but these are the 4 that are my favorites.

Body: Lyptus, Poplar
Neck: Maple/Rosewood
Pickups: SD JB / '59 (has chrome covered ones now)
Finish: Natural; matte tru-oil
1663603364191.png

Body: Figured Bubinga, Figured Maple, Walunt
Pickups: Bridge - SD Custom Custom, Neck - SD Screamin' Demon
Finish: Natural; matte tru-oil
1663603685443.png

Body: Walnut, Figured Maple top
Neck: Maple/Rosewood (rose vine is vinyl decals. I can't do intricate inlay that well)
Pickups: DiMarzio Breed positioned about 1 bobbin width forward from normal bridge position
Finish: Natural; matte tru-oil with PRS style faux binding
1663603902685.png

Body: Poplar
Pickups: Unknown DiMarzio. It came with other parts and the color was fitting so I used it here. Sounded good similar to PAF style so it stayed.
Finish: Skull & Roses fabric top with matte poly.
1663604103592.png

A Les Paul Standard (wood, scale, pickups) with some aspects of a PRS (double cut, gold top finish, action, heel cutout) and 60’s thin style neck.

Bodywood: either a spruce body paired with a port orford cedar/cypress neck or Honduran mahogany body and neck, using only animal hide glue, ss frets and finish-wise: shellac with thin nitro over it. Pickups would be various vintage ones I’ve got. I’m lucky to have a few guitars that fit my criteria

Back