Have we discussed pedalboard power supplies yet?

The voodoo labs pp3 is a switch mode design similar to the Strymon, cioks, Truetone supplies, so no problem with putting pedals too close to the supply like the older voodoo labs supplies.

I am a huge fan of the cioks dc7 and coiks 4 expansions. I have tube Kingsley pedals and the cioks powers them without an issue. On the Truetone cs7, I was able to power 1 Kingsley, but had issues powering 2. Probably not a problem for most people, but I love on the cioks dc7 how you can switch any output to 9v, 12v, 15v, or 18v. The Truetone cs7 is a good supply, no noise, just out grew it.

I think if you are going voodoo labs pp3, Strymon, cioks, or Truetone then to me those are the top 4. Glad to see voodoo labs finally get back in the game with the pp3, their old supplies were great, just using old technology and lacking the power of the newer switch mode supplies.
Good to know. When Xact Tone built my board I had to jettison my old PS2 because of that reason. Went with the CS12, great unit and running several pedals at various voltages. I'm a big fan of Vooloo Labs so glad they updated that.

maxresdefault.jpg
Uncaring voltage Chad>Worried Wall Wart Virgin

I have a Voodoo Lab and I'm sure it sucks because nobody has mentioned it yet, lol. I'm sure it is why I have noise to the extent I do and probably need an upgrade.

I have a Voodoo Lab and I'm sure it sucks because nobody has mentioned it yet, lol. I'm sure it is why I have noise to the extent I do and probably need an upgrade.

Everyone needs and upgrade, even after they upgrade.

I hear Sweetwater is stingy on discounts these days. I'll try MF and see if they'll come down on the Truetone a bit. Just need to add everything else to my cart that I might want to get.

I'm using the Truetone CS12, you can also use the two 18v ports for 9v with the adaptors they sell, so you can have eleven 9v ports. works great.

Way back years ago I has these power supplies called the juice box..Kinda reminds me of what friedmans' looks like..really nice supply..I think they're long gone tho..I had 3 voodoo labs and my pedals had hum and noise.
I've switched to true tone and the hum and noise is gone.dead quiet now.But I also know people that use voodoo labs with no issues . I'll stick with true tone at this point.

Good to know. When Xact Tone built my board I had to jettison my old PS2 because of that reason. Went with the CS12, great unit and running several pedals at various voltages. I'm a big fan of Vooloo Labs so glad they updated that.
Xact Tone built my board as well. CS 12 as well. Never any issues.

Xact Tone built my board as well. CS 12 as well. Never any issues.
Yeah those guys are great. I'm putting together a smaller non midi board, gonna have them do that as well. Just need to finalize the delay pedal. Been putting off getting the Keeley Timmons delay. It'll either be that or the Nemesis which I have on my bigger midi board.

Whoa guy, that thing was cancelled like 4 years ago. How did you not know this!?!?! We will forgive you, but just this once, and that’s only because you’ve been a contributing member of the Rigtalk brotherhood! Just this once though BRO!!

Yeah those guys are great. I'm putting together a smaller non midi board, gonna have them do that as well. Just need to finalize the delay pedal. Been putting off getting the Keeley Timmons delay. It'll either be that or the Nemesis which I have on my bigger midi board.
Dude, get the Timmons immediately! It is amazing man. The "Halo" preset alone is sick af. I haven't even used it in stereo yet.

And what about the Presets? Works good...simple step through?
I haven't actually saved a preset yet but yes, super easy to adjust things, etc. One of thr coolest features is that when you tweak the knobs, you can go back to the initial settings by just tuning into the light goes out. It is such a great feature.

Back