New Gibson Adam Jones Flying V sig

I dig the finish and the headstock doesn’t bug me. It’s different. That toggle placement is super dumb, though. The knobs also look pretty crowded as well.

Looks likes there was some inspiration from the Zakk Wylde V regarding the toggle and knobs.
BC905889-786C-4643-BEB2-F2E1C3E5666C.jpeg

Fuck it - I'll stick my neck out and say it straight up - Tool is one of my all time fave bands ever. They're fucking incredible. I don't find them boring - if anything - I find them way beyond what most people would wanna attempt to even aurally fathom. But music - like any art - is totally personal - not right or wrong - so if yer not into Tool, so be it. If you are, you are 100% and no less. Very little fence-sitting with Tool fanbase - all in or nope.

As for the axe, let the dollars flow - no matter who buys it - whether it's a yellowed relic'd Silverburst or this new mangled "V", it's a guitar modelled after an atrociously killer player. But no matter how much ya spend, y'aint gonna magically play like AJ just cuz yer guitar looks the part.

Love the reverse color burst. Selector switch looks like a PITA. I'm sure they'll go for stupid money, just like the sig LP. Buy an original SB LP and spec it out for less.
I don't quite get how this project is to sell a 'signature' guitar, that he has never been known to play other than the recent tour with the prototype. Shouldn't a sig be based on the artists most used and recognised guitar? Just another blatant money grab from Gibson.

The new 'Hammett' Greeny is another head scratcher. Peter Green is the main artist that guitar associated with, Gary Moore and Kirk are just later owners. Drop the 'Hammett' reference from the sales pitch and just release it as a Greeny copy. Anything to make money from nostalgic Boomer's and Gen-X I guess.
Whats next, a white Hetfield flying V, that was an Electra copy anyway.... but because he thought it was a Gibson when he bought it, then that tenuously makes it ok for Gibson to claim it as their own?
Kinda like the Slash AFD LP

i went back again and listened to every Tool album today thinking maybe i missed something the first however many times ive tried and no, ive missed nothing. it will be the last time i do that.

i went back again and listened to every Tool album today thinking maybe i missed something the first however many times ive tried and no, ive missed nothing. it will be the last time i do that.
That would never have worked IMO. If you do that it's like you're waiting for the music to DO something. Like say, Pink Floyd, you have to be more patient in a way. The music happens slowly, I think that's part of the allure in that it makes you wait for it. Somebody called it boring ..totally understandable. I can't listen to it all the time and when for example I worked in a brewery, all alone in a big space sweating balls...having Tool blasting was one of my favorites. Strangely old, early Django Reinhardt was another.

Undertow and aenima are awesome records , everything beyond that meh , I think the tones are cool but not a fan of the Adam Jones tone chaser dudes . His approach to playing is sick but the amps imho don’t make it , I know he was a huge Melvin’s fan and based a lot of his playing style on buzzo so I’ll give the credit there . I’d rather have another v though .

That would never have worked IMO. If you do that it's like you're waiting for the music to DO something. Like say, Pink Floyd, you have to be more patient in a way. The music happens slowly, I think that's part of the allure in that it makes you wait for it. Somebody called it boring ..totally understandable. I can't listen to it all the time and when for example I worked in a brewery, all alone in a big space sweating balls...having Tool blasting was one of my favorites. Strangely old, early Django Reinhardt was another.

being patient is cool when something cool eventually happens, with Tool though it just never does. never have i said "that was a terrible transition" or "what the fuck did they do that for" more than them. every song and album even is just kind of the same thing and it is boring :dunno: i feel the same way about Gojira

being patient is cool when something cool eventually happens, with Tool though it just never does. never have i said "that was a terrible transition" or "what the fuck did they do that for" more than them. every song and album even is just kind of the same thing and it is boring :dunno: i feel the same way about Gojira
Yeah it's just personal preference I guess, not really a Gojira fan either. I think in a way music sets a mood in our head and if we aren't feeling it...it's just not for us.

Tool is my favorite band of all time. Even though I haven't even listened to them in a while. This guitar is ugly though.

Back