So I broke the tailpiece on a '59 Les Paul

ZEN Amps

Fret not it's a Junior, but it still sucks.

Need a quality replacement, thinking Mojoaxe. Any other suggestions?

Jr TP broke.jpeg

Pigtail Music makes a great replacement. I really like them on my vintage guitars.
Breaking these type of tailpieces are very common, since people don't know they should not raise or lower the action on those with tension on the strings.

You can also look at Faber. I have gone to using their bridges on all of my Les Pauls. Vintage correct materials, and their "relicing" looks like actual playing wear.

The guy that makes Stephens design pickups did a video on tailpieces and went in to detail about the metal and differences between the "sound' of the metal. The Fabers do use the period correct material and Stephens makes a good argument for the benefits of proper material and its tone benefits.

The guy that makes Stephens design pickups did a video on tailpieces and went in to detail about the metal and differences between the "sound' of the metal. The Fabers do use the period correct material and Stephens makes a good argument for the benefits of proper material and its tone benefits.
i'm first to point to minimal differences between tonewoods and all that 'butique' salesman drivel but...i tried it and what searay says is true !

IF you are a 'tone purist' MAKE SURE its made of same material as the original...you really can hear the difference...

i mean, its not like its going to change the junior into danelectro but it will annoy you forever...

...and i tried it on a Les Paul where tailpiece is only 50% of hardware...imagine on a junior where its bridge AND a tailpiece !

You can also look at Faber. I have gone to using their bridges on all of my Les Pauls. Vintage correct materials, and their "relicing" looks like actual playing wear.
Faber, would be my choice. But, I'm anal and need adjustable saddles.

Back