What’s an amp that gets hate but you like or have a use for

A 5751 in V2 cuts some of that compression.
Yeah it doesn’t really solve the issue though. I like the clipping on the crunch channel but I’d prefer the ultra channel without it. The clipping as implemented puts a weird pokey spike in the midrange and there’s not much you can do about it. To me it really screws up the ultra channel, and the EQ makes it worse. Active EQ with I think +-10dB of boost and cut ends up just meaning most of what’s available on the dial is useless. They seem like kinda tight bands as well.

Speaker choice helps. I really don’t like the amp with V30’s, but with looser and less mid forward speakers it’s still a good amp if you need an “all-in-one” amp for cheap.

Dude this amp is thrashy and heavy as fuck. We mostly play in drop C and nothing touches it. You’ll dig it.

I’m not trading Diezels/Bogners/Oranges for it at all, but it’s a sick flavor when you’re done with those and want something super responsive with zero sag.

End of the night, you’re 6 beers in and coming down off 4 grams of mushrooms, it’s disgusting…
No sag is great

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL.. They used to get lots of hate, but not as much anymore.. Solid workhouse and great bang for the buck.
I have a TSL that must be the only good one ever made lol .it’s better than the reputation as well

Krankenstein as toilet paper holder.
We were laughing like idiots when Juggernaut took this photo.

Attachments

• krankenstienplusbathroom.jpg
    krankenstienplusbathroom.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 34
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL.. They used to get lots of hate, but not as much anymore.. Solid workhouse and great bang for the buck.
Awesome amps! I have two! Used to get bad wrap back in the day but now they are highly regarded. You can get them to sound from plexi to 800 and have decent cleans.
Most of the bad wrap came from the bias drifting problem from models 1998 to 2003. Mine are 2005 and 2006 and have had zero issues.

Yeah it doesn’t really solve the issue though. I like the clipping on the crunch channel but I’d prefer the ultra channel without it. The clipping as implemented puts a weird pokey spike in the midrange and there’s not much you can do about it. To me it really screws up the ultra channel, and the EQ makes it worse. Active EQ with I think +-10dB of boost and cut ends up just meaning most of what’s available on the dial is useless. They seem like kinda tight bands as well.

Speaker choice helps. I really don’t like the amp with V30’s, but with looser and less mid forward speakers it’s still a good amp if you need an “all-in-one” amp for cheap.
That's how they're voiced. Honky, indeed. Just like the Triple XXX. It's a love/hate, for sure.

The Marshall AVT 50
Second Generation Valvestate technology, marshall got it right the second time around.
Proper 12AX7 in the preamp, spring reverb, fx loop, 12" speaker, emulated out . . .

Randall rg 150h. This amp get so much hate, but if you use a boost, you can get some.metal as fuck.tones with it. The new FET distortion is badass.
However, the real gem is the lineout. It catches the effects loop and silences the amp output for silent recording. The internal fan on the amp gives a 60 cycle hum, but a zuul gets rid of that. Put that di into a solid speaker ir, and we are good to go. The wizard does the same thing but no silencing of the amp output since it is tube.

Back