Xmas is coming- Old School Jackson Content

phil b

20181220_203602.jpg

So the one on the left is a 1990 Custom shop RR1 that a purchased new and was my #1 for about 20 years. The Kelly was purchased 2nd hand and is a reissue from the Custom shop (1of25) and the Concorde I purchased new in 1992 and is the only one of 200 that they made with Chrome hardware stock (Paperwork verification incl) . That only has about an hr. of playtime in all these years. Had to wait an additional 4 months while they made a Chrome truss rod cover. Still has the hang tag on it.
Love me some old Jacksons! LOL

The pickup selector on top is wild. I’ve never even seen that before.

Super rare collection :rock:

I don’t have anything rare, they’re all just players to me 😎

The pickup selector on top is wild. I’ve never even seen that before.

Super rare collection :rock:

I don’t have anything rare, they’re all just players to me 😎
I was going to say the exact same thing I've never seen the pickup selector located there. Beautiful collection you have there!

OK Ok... Re: the Concorde not getting played.... When I got that I was gigging super heavily and did not want to take that on the road as the RR1 sounded and played fantastic. Plus the Concorde has a vintage trem, which I ordered that way cause it was more rare (1 vintage for 5 floyds) I was so psyched when I got it and never planned on NOT playing it though. That to me back then was like a 59 Les Paul. My RR1 was just the workhorse for recording and gigging.
Not long after I got an offer for some stupid money for it. Like what I thought was ridiculous but I worked with the Jackson production manager to get that done.. etc. and since I didnt need the money I wouldnt sell it. Then it kinda became like well, if I ever need to make a mortgage payment... LOL . I actually play the Kelly in rotation today, but yea.. fuck that beauty contest shit.. I do need to play it I guess.

Still kick myself for selling off all my Jacksons years ago... but after last week I'm back up to 3 again. That RR and Concorde though :love:

Back