Gibson 500T?

Just got one in my Les Paul. Absolutely loving it! VERY grindy and dirty-sounding. It replaced a Black Winter, and gotta say, it's even more pissed-off-sounding in an old-school kinda way.
Yep, it's just a mean ass pickup in a Les Paul. I love 'em in my Pauls.

Do you know what value pots are in the '79 LPC?

My '80 LPC had stock pots, 300k vols and 100k tones! Not sure wtf Gibson was thinking there. Also, my '08 Explorer came with a 500T and 300k vols and 300k tones. Once I swapped to 500k pots it sounded better to me and really good. And I liked the rolled back volume tone too. But it's just a bit too hot for me. I like my guitars to be more compatible/interchangeable wrt to output, but still within a range.
500k pots. My friend i bought it from put new electronics and did a stainless steel refret before he sold it to me. I play metal/heavy rock so I like hot pickups. I switch channels on my amp when i need a clean tone or a low gain tone.

Does the 500t do well in Les Paul tuned down to D standard or drop C?
I have mine in a Les Paul Tribute tuned to Drop C. It's not as clear as the Black Winter I replaced, but that's kind of its charm. It's bright, ratty, and grindy. I love it!

I think much of Amon Amarth's old catalog was recorded with 500T's, so it definitely can handle C or lower.

Back