Welp, looks like a hurricane is headed our way!

napalmdeath

Looks like a hurricane's a brewing, and headed towards Florida. We've been spared for 5 years, since Irma plowed through, (no electricity for 4 days, and lots of damage here). I'm hoping that sucker makes a hard right and hits well south of Tampa. I'll be gassing up and gathering supplies today, and 🙏!

sucks to be helpless !!!

...and really, thats what we are ALL of the time...just that we're doing a great job of forgetting it as soon as it passes by....

...as if next time is not a possibility... (been through a few earthquakes so...)

good luck!

Last edited:
Good luck! My dad was at his place in Ft. Myers but he just let me know that he flew out to Cincinnati last night.

Bjs was packed this am. I'm in South Miami area.
Ironically, I really went there for cleaning supplies, some chuck ribs for the smoker tomorow and that was it.
Longest line I've seen there. Crazy line for water.
Loaded up on more Vodka and Rum.
Supermarket after was empty with BOGO on big packs water. Plenty of them and no line. Go figure.
Just picked up stuff for house and food for some recipes this weekend.
Work from home so can run out before if it hits.
I've got a genny for the fridge, network if I can connect it to the outside world and some fans 'cause it's fuckin hot here.
Plenty of weed and booze. Tons of food to cook and Heritage instance policy on my gear (agreed upon value of course).
Good luck to us all!!

I just returned from Puerto Rico right after Fiona hit there. No power but of course they have a bazillion generators...but then the whole gas shortage that always ensues. I know you know the drill @napalmdeath . It's still a long ways away so there's a chance you might only get rain...but you'll get something.

I sure hope it misses you, keep us updated we all will be thinking of you make sure you grab your guitars and amps load them in the car and have it ready🤣🤘

I'm hoping that sucker makes a hard right and hits well south of Tampa.
Then it will hit me! I'm hoping it will just fizzle out but that ain't going to happen in wide open, warm water. I really hope it keeps going west through that tiny bit of central America and out to the Pacific. They don't have a lot to damage there.

I rode out the eye of Andrew in the Bahamas and though it was really bad there, we didn't have much to damage and lived on generators anyway so we barely noticed and slept right through it.

Glad I just got my hurricane windows installed. I won't be boarding up from now on.

Then it will hit me! I'm hoping it will just fizzle out but that ain't going to happen in wide open, warm water. I really hope it keeps going west through that tiny bit of central America and out to the Pacific. They don't have a lot to damage there.

I rode out the eye of Andrew in the Bahamas and though it was really bad there, we didn't have much to damage and lived on generators anyway so we barely noticed and slept right through it.

Glad I just got my hurricane windows installed. I won't be boarding up from now on.
It's only going to get bigger, but the track keeps changing, so I'm not gonna panic until about Tuesday. Nobody knows where it's going with any certainty. But they all agree Florida's going to get slammed somewhere.

I just don't want it sliding up the coast. That east side of the eye has the nastiest weather, plus that would cause major flooding.

Bjs was packed this am. I'm in South Miami area.
Ironically, I really went there for cleaning supplies, some chuck ribs for the smoker tomorow and that was it.
Longest line I've seen there. Crazy line for water.
Loaded up on more Vodka and Rum.
Supermarket after was empty with BOGO on big packs water. Plenty of them and no line. Go figure.
Just picked up stuff for house and food for some recipes this weekend.
Work from home so can run out before if it hits.
I've got a genny for the fridge, network if I can connect it to the outside world and some fans 'cause it's fuckin hot here.
Plenty of weed and booze. Tons of food to cook and Heritage instance policy on my gear (agreed upon value of course).
Good luck to us all!!
Publix had NO water. GONE. had to get a 12-pack of Liquid Death water that was $12.99.

Attachments

• ABE69F9E-D026-4204-8AF4-2B8612B480F9.jpeg
    ABE69F9E-D026-4204-8AF4-2B8612B480F9.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 28
  • D0EF085E-FC78-4373-9B51-45D6BC8A5F7E.jpeg
    D0EF085E-FC78-4373-9B51-45D6BC8A5F7E.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 2632D28F-1621-4570-A2CE-7B3EFCDF76FB.jpeg
    2632D28F-1621-4570-A2CE-7B3EFCDF76FB.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 34
Ugh, good luck. I'm up in the panhandle and will never forget the ass kicking we got from Michael...stay safe!

It's only going to get bigger, but the track keeps changing, so I'm not gonna panic until about Tuesday. Nobody knows where it's going with any certainty. But they all agree Florida's going to get slammed somewhere.

I just don't want it sliding up the coast. That east side of the eye has the nastiest weather, plus that would cause major flooding.
I got a feeling it is going to keep changing NW and get the panhandle. that would be a long time out in the Gulf if it does.

I just returned from Puerto Rico right after Fiona hit there. No power but of course they have a bazillion generators...but then the whole gas shortage that always ensues. I know you know the drill @napalmdeath . It's still a long ways away so there's a chance you might only get rain...but you'll get something.
Yep, it's a drill.. Hurry up and wait. I can't count the number of times one was headed straight towards us and fell apart, or took a sharp turn. Of course you have to plan as if it's coming.. When you get caught with your pants down, that's when they're the big one.

Back