Master Effects PMEQ...Master of Puppets studio EQ pedal

The answer is it depends. With so many knobs & sliders there are certainly many ways to dial in the right tone.

The best live tone I ever had was with the Empress doing its thing, and with the GEQ flat EXCEPT I ran the 2200 slider about 75% of the way up. In the garage it sounds like this PMEQ will do the same trick- looking forward to band practice this week!

Im a huge fan of the classic boogie 5 band eq, and bought a flux drive - which I love dearly. After receiving said purchase, I found out about this pedal. GAS is affecting me big time - haha.

So I played the PMEQ at band practice last week with the IIC+ Coli, and it CRUSHED. Then last night I jacked it into my Rev C and it SLAYED, looking forward to trying that in the mix. This pedal is quickly becoming a required piece of kit for me (for metal). Today I'm going to work on some recordings.

So I played the PMEQ at band practice last week with the IIC+ Coli, and it CRUSHED. Then last night I jacked it into my Rev C and it SLAYED, looking forward to trying that in the mix. This pedal is quickly becoming a required piece of kit for me (for metal). Today I'm going to work on some recordings.
Awesome. 👍👍👍

I’m really critical with guitars, pedals, amps, etc and when I first tried the PMEQ I was floored how good it sounded. It added a bit of tone (it’s not sterile) and did what I wanted it to. After owning for 6 months, my only complaints.. and I’m really nit picking are the switch popping (was told to stay true to the design, it will make a slight pop. Any modern fixes changed the tone and character too much) and that it has a mid scoop only. If it were able to add some kids it might be really cool to use out front.

A friend got the PQ-3 clone from them and says it’s great.

Dave- how I approach it is, in the bedroom and recording, I do the normal scoopy thing. However, in the live mix, I set the PEQ as per usual, and then I set the Mark GEQ flat except I push the 2200 up to about 75%. This gives some upper mids that all my PEQs have missed, and makes it RIP through the mix while still retaining that pissed off scooped Mark character. (I did try this in the studio however & didn't care for it.)

Alright guys, put this together today. I'm not even sure the microphone does it justice, it's epic in the room.
- Dual Rec Rev C with EL34s
- Mark IIC+ KRG
- Fortin TS-9 boosted
- ISP Decimator
- E609 on a 1999 G12T-75
-SM57 on a 2001 V30
- Mics blended 50/50 in a mixer, and then triple tracked.

Dave- how I approach it is, in the bedroom and recording, I do the normal scoopy thing. However, in the live mix, I set the PEQ as per usual, and then I set the Mark GEQ flat except I push the 2200 up to about 75%. This gives some upper mids that all my PEQs have missed, and makes it RIP through the mix while still retaining that pissed off scooped Mark character. (I did try this in the studio however & didn't care for it.)

Alright guys, put this together today. I'm not even sure the microphone does it justice, it's epic in the room.
- Dual Rec Rev C with EL34s
- Mark IIC+ KRG
- Fortin TS-9 boosted
- ISP Decimator
- E609 on a 1999 G12T-75
-SM57 on a 2001 V30
- Mics blended 50/50 in a mixer, and then triple tracked.

I REALLY liked the tone of the Recto with the PMEQ on. It just had “that” sound. I liked the first clip of the 2C+ a bit more. Seemed the PMEQ removed some low end?

I REALLY liked the tone of the Recto with the PMEQ on. It just had “that” sound. I liked the first clip of the 2C+ a bit more. Seemed the PMEQ removed some low end?
The Recto was easier to dial a tone in, no surprise really. On the Mark I did scoop it a little more than I would have otherwise because, oddly enough, when I brought the mids up a bit more it sounded surprisingly close to the GEQ- on the mic- and I wanted more of a differentiation. In the room this is not the case at all. PEQs give you so much more shaping capability than a GEQ, there are a lot of different ways a guy could go here.

Also in the room I tend to run the bass up a bit. However, when triple tracking on the mic, I often have to turn the bass down because the palm mutes are so thick that it will clip. One of my favorite guitar tones ever is that AJFA kick you in the chest palm mute feel though, so I try and push it as close as I can..

Yes I agree. It also seemed like the PMEQ smoothed out the mids of the C+, making it less aggressive.
Cool vid, Jeremy. 👍

What the PMEQ is doing to the Mark in the room is removing the "honk" mids, and putting the mids in a higher & more pleasing place- at least how I'm setting it up. Something I haven't seen said elsewhere, it's also boosting the volume quite a bit.

This pedal might actually make a Mark combo sound good!!!

I ordered one the other week. I haven't had any response from them that my 'order has been received', or similar, as most companies do these days. I fully realise it won't be here in a week, that's not what I'm saying, but I presume I just wait out until it shows up sometime in the future?

How long did you guys wait?

I ordered one the other week. I haven't had any response from them that my 'order has been received', or similar, as most companies do these days. I fully realise it won't be here in a week, that's not what I'm saying, but I presume I just wait out until it shows up sometime in the future?

How long did you guys wait?
Mine was around 3 weeks, as I recall.

Mine arrived today. Pretty rad. My ears are toast from playing at decent volume now :)
That palm mute thump is def there. I'm trying to dial back some top end though, but that could also be ear fatigue problems. Trying to figure out what the centre points of the freq knobs are hitting so I can best adjust from there.

Any tips or settings on playing through IIC+ that you guys have liked?

Mine arrived today. Pretty rad. My ears are toast from playing at decent volume now :)
That palm mute thump is def there. I'm trying to dial back some top end though, but that could also be ear fatigue problems. Trying to figure out what the centre points of the freq knobs are hitting so I can best adjust from there.

Any tips or settings on playing through IIC+ that you guys have liked?

Well, if it’s baSed on the aphex eq ( which I believe it is) the settings they used are pretty well documented. A low boost at 120 hz, cutting midrange at 1.2k ( this is crucial for that sound, trust me), and a high shelf at I believe 4 and or 6k. I believe this pedal can act as a shelf or a peak boost. I would do a shelf on the high end, and peaks for the midrange and low end. A low end shelf around 75 hz is also REALLY nice for adding girth and weight.

Yeah, thats the one. Noted on the freqs, thanks. This pedal doesn't have any reference markings on the freq knobs, just "High", "Mid" and "Low" so I'm trying to figure it out. The level knobs are straightforward enough.

Bvbx4Er.jpg

Back