Whats your favorite speakers

Sway304

Hello all, I have a bunch of 3RD Power cabs I'm reloading. I've done some with 20 and 25 watt greenbacks ,vintage 30's, 65's 75's all Celestions. Also Mojotone 25v's and 30H's. What's everyone else using. And if you could tell me what you like about them.
Thanks
20220902_181743.jpg

Marshall G12 vintage which is found in the Marshall AV/BV cabs for me personally. They are brighter, have great cut, slightly scooped with extended top and bottom, and just sound amazing in a mix to me. I love Mesa v30s as well for sure, but the Marshall G12 vintage has a grind like no other to me.

Marshall G12 vintage which is found in the Marshall AV/BV cabs for me personally. They are brighter, have great cut, slightly scooped with extended top and bottom, and just sound amazing in a mix to me. I love Mesa v30s as well for sure, but the Marshall G12 vintage has a grind like no other to me.
Thank you for the input!

eminence 12'' from 80s fenders ! just for calibration of our ears....i haaaate 75s....if you like them do the opposite from what im suggesting !

At least we can agree on this!

My main cab is a Marshall 1960AHW loaded with the stock Celestion Heritage G12H 55hz speakers. Other than those I love the Scumback M75 PVC and H75 PVC. Vintage Greenback tones!

My favorites are the RI Greenbacks, V30 (agree with previous post that the Marshall G12 is the best version), G12-65, and Redbacks.

Marshall labelled G12 65s(T3120s), Older 1972 Greenbacks, and my current fav; a 1988 Marshall cab with the earlier Marshall Vintage 8 ohm speaker. A little darker, warmer maybe than the version VES was talking about, the later 16 ohm version. Kinda hard to find, they sound a bit like a 65 and a regular V30 mixed together. Great for hard rock and heavier.

Greenbacks and the speakers in the EVH 4X12's. The Heritage GB's I believe. Very similar but the EVH cab is just a touch smoother.

Always wanted to try the Lynchbacks but I have stuck with 16ohm speakers for some reason.

Don't laugh. Peavey Sheffield 1290's. Sure, I like GB's, V30's, Neo Creambacks and K85's a lot too. But the Sheffield 1290's just work great for me. Oh and they're cheap.

Last edited:
last time i was at my local gc they had a used 1960bv for 500 used. i should go back and see if its still there and if it has these... i've been thinking about trying those because i don't think i've ever come across that speaker in my days of gear flipping. its gc... i can always take it back after 29 days :)

I mean it all depends on the amp for me but I really like redbacks,Creamback 75, Marshall vintage 30s.

I really enjoyed the creamback 65 with the Splawn amps I had.

I've picked up 2 separate sets of old UK made V30 (non-Mesa) and they sound amazing in all of my cabs.

Back