Wasn’t someone looking for a Metro DVL1?

Back when I played out long ago in a far away land. Somebody would sometimes come up man what you playing can I check it out. Id say sure/ 100 NMV 1 greenback cab cranked with sd-1. Id hand them the guitar with this shit cranked and guitar volume off. Then id watch them put the guitar on and there would be nothing but feedback, Id be like cut that shit off if youre not going to play which they didnt. They didnt know how to deal with the monster.:m17:

It’s tricky one to dial in actually, especially with single coils.
Very finicky with pedals, but who needs ‘‘em with the footswitchable options.
There is no real clean channel either, you gotta
get intuitive with it and you can pull a tasty Plexi clean but just go after the monster Plexi/800ish punch and grind.
Or.. go find another wimp from TGP and
GET A ROOM.

There’s your answer fellas.

I liked my metroplex for what it did, it did the between a plexi and a proper modded Marshall thing.

I couldn’t get rid of it faster after I hit the first few chords of my proper modded/tuned 74. There’s nothing like an amp that sounds exactly like you want.

Back when I played out long ago in a far away land. Somebody would sometimes come up man what you playing can I check it out. Id say sure/ 100 NMV 1 greenback cab cranked with sd-1. Id hand them the guitar with this shit cranked and guitar volume off. Then id watch them put the guitar on and there would be nothing but feedback, Id be like cut that shit off if youre not going to play which they didnt. They didnt know how to deal with the monster.:m17:
Yes, the need to quickly learn how to use your guitar vol control really becomes apparent when you unleash the NMV Monster Marshalls. I remember seeing a video with Sykes in WS; when he was using Marshall stacks and it was like his vol control was a second instrument.

I liked my metroplex for what it did, it did the between a plexi and a proper modded Marshall thing.

I couldn’t get rid of it faster after I hit the first few chords of my proper modded/tuned 74. There’s nothing like an amp that sounds exactly like you want.
Indeed. I haven't played my 72 in a few weeks....decided to run my variac with it, since the wall voltage is fairly high. Dropped it to 110 and re biased....finally tried it with my 88 8 ohm Marshall vintage cab.
What a sound. Nothing, I mean nothing I've ever owned or even plugged into anywhere sounds like that amp.
Love it.

Back