Welp, looks like a hurricane is headed our way!

We got 50% off! And the salesman pushed us on the Stupor Glue, and Pinapple Upside-down Cake, and free fanny pack. Highly recommended for Hurricane essentials.
I don't have medical status...but I'm currently traveling in Missouri. And I'll be traveling thru Illinois to get back to Georgia. So ya know.

Wasn't there a Surviver Siesta Key once? It's in the bullseye about now. I used to run kegs out there in another life.

That whole area seems very floodable.

FWIW, it's retirement haven down there. @napalmdeath knows what I'm talking about. The average age around there is like 90.

My dad just flew back into Ft. Myers today. I told him it was a bad decision but he probably didn't want to lose out on his $50 plane ticket. Love that man.

Yep. Best of luck. My folks are in Tampa. Largo area actually. And Bro In Law and his family are in Bonita Springs.

Metalhex nailed it. Save your gear because they don't know how to swim and sure as hell ain't buoyant.

I don't have medical status...but I'm currently traveling in Missouri. And I'll be traveling thru Illinois to get back to Georgia. So ya know.
You just drove right past me.

We've been spared, somewhat, but we haven't gotten the heavy wind and rain yet - maybe 35mph winds. It'll get worse, but we won't get the storm surge the anticipated a day or 2 ago. We're supposed to get about 11" of rain, winds up to 70mph. That bad thing about this one is its hardly moving. We could get hammered non-stop for nearly 48 hours. They typically blow right through, not this one.

Back