Sound Sculpture Switchblade 8B, jump on this deal.

Purpleibby

You're getting a Switchblade 8B, original owner barely any signs of use for 400 bucks gents(plus shipping which shouldn't be bad for a small box it would need).... Hell of a deal.....you'll need an IEC power cable. It does NOT have the smart insert upgrade, but even still, pretty insane price on a killer piece of kit.....Buyers with a good rep and well known here are preferred. I package well and I take care of my stuff, I don't F around. Continental US only. Paypal f/f is what I accept.

Thanks for looking! ONLY the switchblade is in this sale, forgot to add that lol :)

Attachments

• IMG_7181.JPG
    IMG_7181.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
This can only handle instrument levels right? It can’t handle line levels without distorting? I remember that being the drawback to them and they’re working on a new model to be line level friendly.

This can only handle instrument levels right? It can’t handle line levels without distorting? I remember that being the drawback to them and they’re working on a new model to be line level friendly.
It will handle signal levels up to +10dBv NOT just instrument levels, you just have to watch your levels when initially setting up the unit with the rest of your rack....and with it being balanced(not too many balance pedals out there) you have great options for killing ground loops with float cables and getting better levels into/out of the Switchblade. Yes the ET is coming but it's going to be like around 1,800-2 grand with no plans for an 8 loop model. I will not be getting one, moving in a different direction..... $400 bucks! Thanks for looking man 😊(y)🙏

Does the software work on windows 11 to connect to it and route everything? Or do you have to use an emulator with an older version of windows to load the software?

Does the software work on windows 11 to connect to it and route everything? Or do you have to use an emulator with an older version of windows to load the software?
My DAW is still on 7, I do not know for sure TBH.........I usually worked from the front panel of the Switchblade itself....once learned it's actually pretty easy to make and review patches but BladeEdit is a treat to use.

The download link says BladeEdit works on Windows 10...sorry I can't give you more definite answer(seems like if it works for 10 it should work for 11), Ken was always good about updates to the WinBlade/BladeEdit. Again, man thanks for looking....It's been with me for years....I want it to find a good home.

https://www.soundsculpture.com/downloads

Asked for you on the FB Sound Sculpture group if BladeEdit works in 11...we'll see!

Ken at Sound Sculpture has said it has not been tested for 11 as they have 10 in his shop....but he said he saw no reason why it wouldn't work on Windows 11 as it's "pretty version independent" I know you're not looking at it any more but....just wanted to follow up as I heard from him.

Back