Laptops lost...headline festival gig cancelled!

Festival appearances are big open air things, obviously. I can understand the criticism if it was a small venue or intimate gig, but festivals you have to stand out, and standing out, most of the time, means drawing attention to yourself over and above the music, and these guys appear to be headlining.
I would criticize them even more for doing it on a festival level....they’re a big enough deal to get a headline slot? Well show the World why! Put your big boy pants on and put on a show....they would’ve gained far more praise for taking a shot at it relative to their craptacular music. Quite possibly the sandiest vaginas in the music biz right here.

Yeah they are going to have to take a lot of criticism for that move! My guess is that they will release a live vid of them playing completely live in a studio to "prove" that they can actually play. Too late man. Too late.

This band has always sucked, it’s shit high school Hot Topic girls are into, but they’ve had multiple billboard charting albums… they’re not exactly going to catch much flack from their sort of fan base for ‘not being able to play’ or anything along those lines. They aren’t exactly nobodies.

I would criticize them even more for doing it on a festival level....they’re a big enough deal to get a headline slot? Well show the World why! Put your big boy pants on and put on a show....they would’ve gained far more praise for taking a shot at it relative to their craptacular music. Quite possibly the sandiest vaginas in the music biz right here.

Laptops. Plural. I imagine those were the backups.

I also imagine if they're big enough to have road crew then the road crew would be responsible for their equipment.

I'm betting they didn't just leave it at the truck stop.

Do we even know if they had physical amps, modelers or were they using plugins which is becoming more common now?

All I'm hearing is a lack of understanding of how bands operate these days. I'm not pretending to understand, but I'm at least attempting to consider the implications.

So these clowns were unable to borrow some basic backup equipment from one of the other several bands at the festival and put on a special, stripped down, one off, unplugged or whatever set for their fans? Sounds like musically they couldn’t improvise their way out of a paper bag.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHHHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWABWABWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

W T F !? If ya need me I'll be yelling at the clouds now...

All I'm hearing is a lack of understanding of how bands operate these days. I'm not pretending to understand, but I'm at least attempting to consider the implications.
Oh I understand completely. My only lack of understanding is how a headlining metal band made up of bass, drums, two guitars and a singer can’t get up on a stage and play a song. This is modern day Milli Vanilli shit right here.

what was their name? breaking down Sunday....or Autumn burns red? they all have stupid fucking names anymore....
Yep, it's a thing for such bands to have a sort of puzzling bandname, where they probably once read a book about some Roman centurion who walked a certain (latin named) road in August and slayed a bunch of folks.
1+1 equals "Look at us making a literary, deep, historical, intellectual reference to something only the nerdiest of scholars can decypher"; but... the type of fans that love to calculate fractals (math, not the gear!) on a drizzly sunday afternoon in Seattle. And Hot Topic girls for some reason.

It's a thing too with prog bands; wanting to have a pseudo-deep sounding bandname. Yuck.

Fuck it, if I'm gonna do a brutal death band, I'd rather opt for "Meatslasher" than "Soilex isn't the Answer*" (and you'd need to know some Dahmer-details to know WHY Soilex ain't the answer. ) :sneaky:

Makes me think back to the long long ago when this was first started. Wonder how thee guys would fare.

1664488636595.png

Searched and listened to the first bit of the first song that came up. Sounded sorta like Fall Out Boy to me? There's some dub (?) or EDM or something going on that maybe just drums and bass couldn't exactly do, so they may have backing synth and layered vocal tracks running behind them when they play.

Probably should have just gone out there with their instruments and turned it up loud enough for no one to care it does sound exactly like the album?

I try not to be a hater but seems odd to just cancel.

A backup should be on a pendrive, a server, or cloud, not into another laptop.
Mobile devices are easy to get broken or stolen, especially on a tour.
this is what blew my mind....htf do you not have that thing saved? If your entire production is predicated on that data, you don't have a backup storage device or cloud?

Back