Fryette power station users, where do you place it?

ledvedder

I'm trying to figure out where to put my PS-100 for gigs. I'm running a 50 watt Plexi into a Suhr 212 cab. The footprint of the PS-100 is larger than both the cab and the amp. I'm curious where everyone puts there's?

Just make sure it can breathe to dissipate all that heat. All of these loadboxes get really hot if you're cranking a 100w amp thru them. Even variac'd way down.

Placed at the top of my amp. I use a couple of 2×3's so the PS100 clears the amp center handle. As mentioned it needs to breath so don't put anything on top of it. If you can't put on top of amp then get longer speaker cables and use a chair.

On top of the amp. I use those furniture mover things I got from Amazon.

1664474830413.png

Mine is on a rack shelf in my 20 space rack. Means I have to run longer speaker cables to it and then back for the cab the head is sitting on, but keeps it out of the way and accessible.

I have my suhr RL and RLIR on top of the rack and when I reamp with them, I run them into a Racked up Marshall 8008 valvestate power amp.

But you asked about gigs, when I used my power station live, I used it as a load then into an IR loader. I do have a head that fits on top of the PS2, Mesa TA15, but most do not, so what @CarlF is doing looks like a great idea. to transport, look at a laptop bag, works pretty well.

This is exactly why I am reluctant to buy gear that have "non-standard" dimensions. Rack size or more or less standard head size only. Otherwise there is nowhere to put it safely and there is cable mess around.

I guess I never really noticed it before but my Sound City head must be deeper than a Marshall because my PS fits perfectly on top of it without needing anything extra

Attachments

• sound cexy.jpg
    sound cexy.jpg
    586 KB · Views: 29
I rack-mounted mine. I liked it on top of the amp head, but dragging it to gigs I started to worry about its longevity being unprotected.

Back