Motley Crue Using Backstage Musicians

I must’ve missed that. Is that the only backstage musician listed in the article? If so, I honestly don’t know how much that bothers me considering Mick’s health and all. It’s obvious in the live sound there’s a second guitar. The honorable thing to do would be to just let the extra guitarist be on the stage. But this is MC. Which are a bunch of scumbags. Which I did not know until this article. Lol. Thank god I know now.

It is mentioned in there which is silly because no way would they give anyone a cut of that pay. they'd just use a backing track and have Mick pretend or go through the motions.

I just seen them in Boston 6 weeks ago. Thank goodness the other acts held up their end of the bargain given the $ they ass raped me on for the tix. Also thankful for the eye candy pole strippers they employ to deflect your attention away from how much they actually suck. Girls were hot AF. I had to hide my kickstand from my wife half the night.

Saw them this summer in Detroit. They sounded HORRID. Only thing you could hear was the bass drum and bass guitar. Six songs in and we along with a few thousand others left. Honestly you could not identify the songs until one of the female back up singers started to sing a songs chorus. It was absolutely painful to say the least and the next day there were many media columns on how bad Motley Crue sounded.

I really don't blame the performance as much as I blame their sound guys were complete shit as Def Leppard before them sounded like you were listening to a studio album and then Motley Crue comes out and sounds like complete A$$????

Seems like Motley had to close most of the shows because without the whole stage production with all the video boards and pyro, I could not imagine people even watching them come out earlier in the evening when they wouldn't have the full stage production due to the sun still being out.

It was bad, real bad. Hands down, Def Leppard was amazing.

Also, the whole Mad Max look that Nikki and Vince have going on has got to go.

Saw them this summer in Detroit. They sounded HORRID. Only thing you could hear was the bass drum and bass guitar. Six songs in and we along with a few thousand others left. Honestly you could not identify the songs until one of the female back up singers started to sing a songs chorus. It was absolutely painful to say the least and the next day there were many media columns on how bad Motley Crue sounded.

I really don't blame the performance as much as I blame their sound guys were complete shit as Def Leppard before them sounded like you were listening to a studio album and then Motley Crue comes out and sounds like complete A$$????

Seems like Motley had to close most of the shows because without the whole stage production with all the video boards and pyro, I could not imagine people even watching them come out earlier in the evening when they wouldn't have the full stage production due to the sun still being out.

It was bad, real bad. Hands down, Def Leppard was amazing.

Also, the whole Mad Max look that Nikki and Vince have going on has got to go.

Def Leppard sounded like that probably because they WERE playing to backing tracks lol. The whole show was stale and lacked energy apart from Poison. That's pretty sad to say when Poison is the only band really rocking. Crue has zero left in the tank. The whole thing is forced and Mick can barely keep up. His hands and bones just can't do it. None of the guys are into it. total going through the motions.

Reactions: Geo
I think Motley Crue would be awesome if they had frontstage replacement musicians, in studio session players and ghost writers composing all the music. Give Mick, Vince, Tommy and Nikki the starring roles portraying THAT band in their stupid biopic film. That's all they're good for.

What a stupid article, the author almost twisted his ankle working in shallow opinions of things unrelated to music to help propel his junior-high style article about a band he doesn't like. It also serves as a perfect example of how people try to work racism into everything to gain approval or momentum these days. "Oh look, I dug up an unrelated quote from decades ago that makes him look racist!" .... what a shallow article for a shallow audience.
PS: I'm not a Crue fan

While it has always been known that Vince can't sing live, I do think they wrote some really good songs. That said, the "best" "Motley Crue" album was Vince's solo album with Steve Stevens.

They get a lot of crap but I had some of the best times of my life at Motley Crue shows in the 80s. I'm still a fan

1K2i2b6h.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Geo
I Didn't say I agreed with that statement, but the unsubstantiated hate for DT is real.
I think Mick Mars is one of the nastiest, raddest LA warlocks on the guitar of all time.
Don’t really care for his phrasing or accuracy but there’s just this NASTIE’NESS .. like a dude puking and making it look cool.
He’s THE guy.
One thing is for certain and I challenge each & everyone of you reading this.
Spend some time behind a drum kit and learn a
4 on the floor with some grease in between kick/snare,
Now turn on Motley “Too Young To Fall In Love”.
Don’t bark the high hat!, keep it SLEEZY and cracked open.
here comes the ULTRA-SLEEZE with that nasty 100 watt Jose …,
It feels so hilarious!!!
The whole thing makes sense!!!
They are not star players but the attitude in their sound with all them combined is freakin’ rad.
It’s actually hard to keep a straight face!
Don’t start the Vince hate- I go off the deep end!

Back