NGD!!!

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
1984 Greco JS98k "Mint" series Sykes model. Has a Kahler 2220c stud mounted trem. Ordered it from Japan last Friday and Boom....showed up today. Lots and lots of mojo...in a good way. Now for the bad news....for some reason my pictures will not upload from my phone to the computer...fuckin P.O.S.....but any way...I'll post pics when I can....

boom...kahler string lock ordered also.

Attachments

• 20220929_133408.jpg
    20220929_133408.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 64
Does it still have the stock Dry 82 pickups, by the way? They were long gone in mine, but they have a lot of fans and I've always been curious about them.

Does it still have the stock Dry 82 pickups, by the way? They were long gone in mine, but they have a lot of fans and I've always been curious about them.
Dave-I'll check when I set it up and swap the strings. Really needs a set up bad. For some reason two of the string saddles are raised higher than the other strings. Plus the action's to low and I'm getting fret buzz. Checked the intonation really quick this morning...the strings that came on it were new...only the E and A were a little out. Because it's wired up backwards I'll probably say fuck it and get a set of scottosan specials and have my bro Chris(sdmf38) rewire the fucker and set it up. He has magic fingers and is a gentleman with the most exquisite tastes in things...sorry for the overkill response...

Yeah, I wouldn't trust most sellers to know how to set up a Kahler really well, it can be a real horror show sometimes. Fingers crossed you have the 82s, you could probably flip the set for 500 bucks if you decide you want something else in there.

Yes

Make sure you check the vol pots; my 1980 Greco were 300k. Just swapped a 500k in and it's even better sounding.
Going through this same problem myself. Two of my Les Paul customs are 300k volume and tone. Having my luthier change them all to 500k. Excited to see what difference it makes.

Gah!! This is killing me. I have a duvell being finished in the next couple weeks I gotta pay for before I can order a Greco. It's on my to do list. I have an ebony lp classic so I want to get something other than black or white.

just hooked it up to my computer rig and it has way to much bass response. on the bridge PUP and the bass almost zeroed on the amp model it was still a little to much. downloaded the krk app to adjust my monitors but wasn't able to. Kids and stuff. Chris-if your reading this you know what's up homie....you to Scott....

just hooked it up to my computer rig and it has way to much bass response. on the bridge PUP and the bass almost zeroed on the amp model it was still a little to much. downloaded the krk app to adjust my monitors but wasn't able to. Kids and stuff. Chris-if your reading this you know what's up homie....you to Scott....
Man. Don’t have a lot of experience with the computer interfaces. What pickups? Screamin?

Back