Saw Iron Maiden last night!

They were great!

At the Honda Center in Anaheim.

Bruce's voice was better than ever. The rest played their parts well.
Dave Murray had a couple of flubs, but made up for them. IM is still my all-time favorite hard rock band. I have an upcoming cover gig where I get to play a few of their tunes.... can't wait!
That's great man...finally saw them in '12 and they were just killer. Great show. In '14 I did a few shows with a Maiden Tribute here in Wi. Lotsa fun.

They’re still bringing it, and good for them! They play the same song, but it’s a damn good song, and it’s THEIR song. They created that sound. JG is annoying as hell and contributes nothing to the band.

It was awesome seeing back a few years ago, as I'd never seen them live. Unfortunately, it is so different than the experience back in the day. Seeing a family walk by wearing Maiden shirts, while on their phones with a big thing of nachos, some popcorn, drinks, etc, just isn't the same as I'd always imagined.

They’re still bringing it, and good for them! They play the same song, but it’s a damn good song, and it’s THEIR song. They created that sound. JG is annoying as hell and contributes nothing to the band.
Yeah, he just makes the songs more studio like in that he can play the rhythm parts underneath while Adrian and Dave play the leads. But, it's pretty cool of them to keep him on after Adrian came back. He's a friend of theirs from the early days as I understand it.

Yeah, he just makes the songs more studio like in that he can play the rhythm parts underneath while Adrian and Dave play the leads. But, it's pretty cool of them to keep him on after Adrian came back.
I think he doesn't do that enough actually. Most of the time you see him playing the unisono lines of DM and AS, instead of layering something underneath or above.
Case in point, missed opportunity at 4m15s:

Not to mention his almost Slayer-esque lead...

Oh and Dave's haircut these days makes him look a bit like an arts n' crafts lesbo, NGL. :censored::p

Adrian IMO is clearly the hero; I found that over the years, Dave's leads also have become more noodly instead of intricate phrasing.

Yeah, he just makes the songs more studio like in that he can play the rhythm parts underneath while Adrian and Dave play the leads. But, it's pretty cool of them to keep him on after Adrian came back. He's a friend of theirs from the early days as I understand it.
I like that loyalty aspect. And from the off stage footage of him I’ve seen, he seems like a cool, easy going guy. It’s just his stage antics are comical and embarrassing. I NEED to see them, though, while I still can. Never seen them live, which is a crime. Haha!

When I saw Maiden on the LOTB tour in 2019, Jannick danced a little too close to the drum set and got caught up in the cargo netting in front. A couple roadies had to come out and help get him unstuck! The crowd cheered once he was freed! It was totally hilarious! :ROFLMAO:

Looks like someone landed on community chest and drew a rare “get out of OT free” card today! Patiently waiting for the inevitable cuck laden rant headed my way!
That’s libel, slander, or something. Not sure. But it’s pretty decent trolling. Lol

When I saw Maiden on the LOTB tour in 2019, Jannick danced a little too close to the drum set and got caught up in the cargo netting in front. A couple roadies had to come out and help get him unstuck! The crowd cheered once he was freed! It was totally hilarious! :ROFLMAO:
I can see why. I was right at the stage on this tour and he kept putting his leg up on the props and doing his antics. He's too over the top. Great show, sound and Bruce was awesome. He was literally singing ten feet from me. I could see his lips moving clearly with his vibrato.

I think he doesn't do that enough actually. Most of the time you see him playing the unisono lines of DM and AS, instead of layering something underneath or above.

agree ... at 5.46 it would sound so good if he was chugging behind the harmonies ... I wonder if Steve dictates that sort of thing so that his Bass holds up the rhythm?

If you're going by that old arguement, let's just call it a day and end this. Like Maiden should do :D
So you don't like Maiden but click on a thread about them just to shit all over them? that makes you either a loser troll or a cunt .. actually both i'm guessing

They were great!

At the Honda Center in Anaheim.

Bruce's voice was better than ever. The rest played their parts well.
Dave Murray had a couple of flubs, but made up for them. IM is still my all-time favorite hard rock band. I have an upcoming cover gig where I get to play a few of their tunes.... can't wait!
That's freaking awesome!!! I saw bits of the show online and it looked incredible!
I got to see Maiden twice in Brazil, and they were great both times.
I also remember going to see Mars Volta and System of a Down at the Long Beach Arena, and the whole time I was wondering why I've heard of that place before, until a friend screamed loud "Scream for me Long Beach", and I remembered that was from the Live After Death vinyl and VHS tape, that I worn off from watching it so many times. From that moment, I could even leave the place and drive back home before watching Mars Volta and System of a Down, and I'd still be happy. Just for being were Maiden played the concert that gave me so many entertaining hours in my youth. That's how much I loved the band.
They still put out a phenomenal show. They've always done it.
Glad you got to go to the gig!!!

I'm sure Dave's flubs here or there paled in comparison to Janick dick smacking the speakers or randomly playing chromatics during solos...

Oh and Dave's haircut these days makes him look a bit like an arts n' crafts lesbo, NGL. :censored::p

Adrian IMO is clearly the hero; I found that over the years, Dave's leads also have become more noodly instead of intricate phrasing.

So awesome that they are plating this one again. ( Edit that was 2013 lol, didn't notice that. Still sounded good though) frigging love that song. So awesome. Dianno wasn't the best singer but boy those first two albums kick all sorts of ass. I also like when Bruce sings that material though. He is great on Killers too when they do that one.

So awesome that they are plating this one again. ( Edit that was 2013 lol, didn't notice that. Still sounded good though) frigging love that song. So awesome. Dianno wasn't the best singer but boy those first two albums kick all sorts of ass. I also like when Bruce sings that material though. He is great on Killers too when they do that one.
Yep,

I play Adrian in a Maiden tribute myself and love a whole bunch of the lesser known songs as well, to play. We're currently in the process of adding Flash of the Blade to our set.

Maiden England '88 had a great setlist that included Killers, Die With your Boots On, Infinite Dreams, etc.

Back