Do you elevate your cabs off the ground?

ners

I'm moving into my first house and realizing I've never had to worry about a basement flood ruining a cab before. Any good ideas on platforms to use?

Any tonal issues it'd cause? I'd assume no given I've elevated combos before, but never a 212 or larger.

No, I like my cabs to be in touch with the stage or earth. Yes, I did carry my 4x12 in with no casters to shows.
i did that too when i first started gigging, with an old 1960a that had g12-65's in it. those 1960a wheels suck anyway.

When i'm playing at home, everything sounds best to me on the floor. no road case bottoms, no wheels, just rubber feet on tile.

All said here, I think the OP is looking for a way to keep his cab out of harm's way ( potential wet basement floor)
I know several guys who use the Auralex Great Gramma to "decouple" 4x12's from the floor. I have 2 of them.
But in the case of a flooding basement, you'll be throwing away money if the Auralex got wet.

If you're that worried about it, go get a shipping pallet and lay a big ass plastic sheet on it to raise it off the floor.

Last edited:
I live on the edge and just have a water alarm set and if I go out of town I put them up on a bench. It takes a ton of water to fill an entire basement above caster height. Not a fan of elevated cabs or even casters really.

All said here, I think the OP is looking for a way to keep his cab out of harm's way ( potential wet basement floor)
I know several guys who use the Auralex Great Gramma to "decouple" 4x12's from the floor. I have 2 of them.
But in the case of a flooding basement, you'll be throwing away money if the Auralex got wet.

If you're that worried about it, go get a shipping pallet and lay a big ass plastic sheet on it to raise it off the floor.
This is the type of thing I'm looking for! Wish it was more than just 1.75" high though.

https://auralex.com/greatgramma-v2/

I went to casters b/c my Friedman didn’t have them and didn’t hear much of a tone difference. Now I use a Ox and all problems solved…

Back