Boss ms3 or line6 hx fx??

mchn13

I need a small fx pedal to do 4cm and change channels midi with my evh stealth 50. Even my small pedal board with a couple pedals, plus using the channel switcher is a pita. Will need to gate and boost in front and the loop of the evh (noisy). Which do yall prefer as far as built in boosts and gates, and minimal tone suck? Thanks for sharing if you have experience with these?

I only have experience with the MS-3 but it’s a solid unit and sounds really good. I never used the midi on it because it switches channels via 1/4 cable as well. The boosts are just OK to me. I used outboard pedals in the loop.

I only have experience with the MS-3 but it’s a solid unit and sounds really good. I never used the midi on it because it switches channels via 1/4 cable as well. The boosts are just OK to me. I used outboard pedals in the loop.
I had the boss wheni was using my jsx, and remember using the parametric onit as a boost instead of the pedals, and it sounded great but was getting tone suck in the loop. Read after i sold it that you have to do something to the L+R to make it sound right. Do you know if you can gate in the front and the loop?

I had the boss wheni was using my jsx, and remember using the parametric onit as a boost instead of the pedals, and it sounded great but was getting tone suck in the loop. Read after i sold it that you have to do something to the L+R to make it sound right. Do you know if you can gate in the front and the loop?
I haven‘t used it in a while but I think the gate is only in front

[QUOTE="mchn13Read after i sold it that you have to do something to the L+R to make
[/QUOTE]

Anymore info on this? I love the MS3 but I agree there is some tone loss using Loop 1 in 4CM. I try to get around it by adjusting the global EQ but if there is another solution I would really like to know.

[QUOTE="mchn13Read after i sold it that you have to do something to the L+R to make

Anymore info on this? I love the MS3 but I agree there is some tone loss using Loop 1 in 4CM. I try to get around it by adjusting the global EQ but if there is another solution I would really like to know.
[/QUOTE]

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/is-the-boss-ms-3-a-tone-suck.2307246/ this is one thread i found on it. There were a few that i read on the same subject describing the same thing.

But i really need a gate before and after the preamp. Ive never owned a 5150 variant that wasn't a noisy ass b%^ch. the line6 has a precision drive model that has a built in gate, plus a block for a gate later. But…. I really like the parametric on the boss.

Thanks man! Great stuff
Welcome dude. I really might just buy one again and try it. The parametric in front was a cool thing i found when i first got it, and reminded me of the old furman pq’s as far as use as a boost. Using the evh’s again; i really beed some gates to make it work. Or make my single note/string skipping technique better hahahah.

Back