Reverb Forcing Me to Change My Password?

mooncobra

So, I am on reverb this morning and try to send a question to a seller. Reverb signs me out in the spot and takes me to a screen that there is no way out of. It says go to your email. I go to my email. It says, “make a new password that’s at least 8 numbers/letters, etc. it’s funny that mine is already longer than that. So I refuse to change my password. I can no longer sign in because I’m at a screen that I can’t pass. I sent a message to reverb to hear what the reason for this offensive maneuvering is, or if it is even them? Perhaps it’s a scum of the earth scammer trying to infiltrate my account?

Anyone else deal with this utter and maddening nonsense? God damn reverb, always dropping the ball.

So, I am on reverb this morning and try to send a question to a seller. Reverb signs me out in the spot and takes me to a screen that there is no way out of. It says go to your email. I go to my email. It says, “make a new password that’s at least 8 numbers/letters, etc. it’s funny that mine is already longer than that. So I refuse to change my password. I can no longer sign in because I’m at a screen that I can’t pass. I sent a message to reverb to hear what the reason for this offensive maneuvering is, or if it is even them? Perhaps it’s a scum of the earth scammer trying to infiltrate my account?

Anyone else deal with this utter and maddening nonsense? God damn reverb, always dropping the ball.
you want this post moved?

Reverb has some bot accounts now,maybe it has something to do with that...I listed my amp and got messages with .phone number asking me to text...when I did.the first one,the person responded with a very generic response and wanted to send me the money via cash ap....I reported to reverb and got another a few days later...so there is something going on

Reverb has some bot accounts now,maybe it has something to do with that...I listed my amp and got messages with .phone number asking me to text...when I did.the first one,the person responded with a very generic response and wanted to send me the money via cash ap....I reported to reverb and got another a few days later...so there is something going on
I declined to change password and I am now locked out of reverb! God damn bastards!!

I declined to change password and I am now locked out of reverb! God damn bastards!!
Really? Can you call them rather than send an email and talk to somebody I had this happen to me with PayPal years ago and I was able to get through on a phone call.

Really? Can you call them rather than send an email and talk to somebody I had this happen to me with PayPal years ago and I was able to get through on a phone call.
Every time I’ve heard of people being locked out of something it’s often a scammer.

I watch a guy on YouTube who fights the scammers and one of their main techniques is locking peoples computers or locking them out of their bank, eBay, certain site that might have their banking stuff accessible. They do it to get access to your bank or PayPal.

And one of the main things they do is ave you change your password so they learn it and gain control of your accounts.

Never change ur password via email unless you initiated it. Go to the site itself to do so.

Having said that, refusing to change your password just “because” is a pretty unique way to go through life….. ;)

Just reset it and add a 1 to the end. Perhaps someone attacked your account.

Also why am i reading and responding to this in the classifieds??

I couldn't print a packing slip on Reverb.com a couple weeks ago when I sold a pedal.

The support on the issue left much to be desired.

Back