SOLD - Fractal Audio FX8 MKII

grrr_me_scary

Up for sale at $880 shipped PayPal Family and Friends.

The FX8 is a killer sounding effects unit and this FX8 was purchased as a 2nd and meant to be a back-up for my AXE FX.

You are able to use the FX8 as a midi controller, channel switcher with relays, and this has better AD converters than the AXE FX units so the effects sound even better on this unit.

Each effect has many variations of the effect type (i.e. the reverb can be a spring, plate, hall, etc.....).

I have an AXE FX XL+ and MFC-101 already that I use for effects (the exact same effects) and controller, so I am able to sell the FX8, even though the FX8 has an extremely high-quality signal path to deliver ultra-low noise and pristine sound quality, and the effects on the FX8 sound a little better with amps than the AXE FX due to the AD converters.

This FX8 unit is in like-new condition since it was purchased as a back-up and only used for about 10-12 hours here and there.

It has been stored in the Fractal shipping box the whole time.

There has never been any velcro on the bottom so you wouldn't find any velcro residue on the bottom of this unit.

Here is a link for you to read about the FX8:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/p-fx8-multieffects-pedalboard/
00h0h_kaLXmrH6ptxz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
00A0A_fLmQdELNsZCz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00V0V_fsaERJA0iuRz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00X0X_lsMxuOeqYk0z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00r0r_4oZR69KfsaTz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
00h0h_aQLbvyxXnwZz_0ew09d_1200x900.jpg
00808_gnqXIwQYhS3z_0ew04g_1200x900.jpg
00L0L_fr242RGVuSKz_09m04z_1200x900.jpg

Additional Information:

Fractal-Quality Effects in a Floor Unit

The FX8 Mark II is a new multi-effects pedalboard designed to deliver Fractal’s signature quality without compromise in an effects-only floor unit.

FX8 runs up to eight simultaneous effects using the state-of-the-art algorithms made famous in the Axe-Fx II line of processors.

It features a rugged steel chassis with aircraft aluminum end-panels, convenient top handle, eleven quiet, durable solid-state footswitches with no mechanical contacts to fail, 27 LEDs in three colors, five knobs beneath a bright display, Humbuster outputs to eliminate hum due to ground loops (when used with Humbuster™ cables), dual TRS relays for amp switching, two switch/expression pedal jacks, USB, MIDI and more.

The unit is designed for unity gain and offers true bypass.

Above all, it features an extremely high-quality signal path to deliver ultra-low noise and pristine sound quality. In other words, “no tone suck!”

In comparison to the original FX8, the new Mark II has an all-black aircraft aluminum bezel and end panels, improved top-panel silkscreen design, an 18dB instrument input pad option, and an even lower noise floor.

Onboard preset memories let you create 128 totally different pedalboards.

Every effect in every preset can be run in series or parallel.

Using the optional “four cable” setup, you can place each effect “PRE” (between guitar and amp, where pedals go) or “POST” (in the amp’s send/return loop, where rack effects are typically placed).

Use Stompbox Mode on the FX8 for traditional effect “tap dance” switching, or leverage the eight SCENES in each preset to engage pre-defined effect combinations from a single switch.

Many effects also offer “XY” switching, which gives them two completely different sound settings: imagine dialing in a single drive pedal with both “Overdrive” and “Fuzz” channels, or a reverb with foot-selectable “spring” and “hall” sounds.

Scenes provide a kind of control very similar to traditional “loop switcher” rigs.

The fantastically flexible modifier system enables easy real-time sound changes.

You can connect up to two expression pedals to control Wah, Whammy, Volume, or virtually anything else.

Utilize MIDI or onboard controllers for automated dynamic effects.

A precision tuner, two global equalizers and a dedicated, global 4-minute stereo Looper are also built-in.

FX8-EDIT, a full-featured software editor, is also included free. In the tradition of all Fractal Audio Systems products, the FX8 is fully compatible with Fractal-Bot for preset sharing, easy backup and restore, plus firmware updates as new features are added.

FX8 Effect Types:

The FX8 offers a stunning array of stompbox and studio effects, all based on the effect algorithms made famous by our Axe-Fx II line of processors.

Effects are placed as “blocks,” many of which can be configured as various effect “types”.

For instance, the DRIVE block includes simulations of 34+ different fuzz, overdrive, distortion, and boost pedals.

The DELAY block offers types for analog, digital, tape, and more.

Features:

•FX8 is an advanced multi-effects processor, perfect for guitar, bass, and other instruments.
•“Built Like a Tank” with a powder-coated steel chassis and aircraft aluminum end panels.
•Eleven quiet, durable solid state footswitches with no mechanical contacts to fail. 27 LEDs!
•Two onboard TRS RELAYS to control your amp’s channel or effect switching.
•Two onboard PEDAL jacks to connect footswitches or expression pedals.
•FX8 can control or respond to other MIDI gear in your rig with MIDI IN and OUT/THRU ports.
•Easy-to-use with a 160×80px display, 6 buttons, 5 knobs, and minimal menu diving.
•128 PRESETS allow you to create 128 completely different pedalboards.
•Up to eight simultaneous effects per preset, with state-of-the-art “Fractal-quality” algorithms.
•Each effect can be configured as desired: Pre/Post, Series/Parallel.
•“Stompbox Mode” provides traditional ON/OFF switching, plus XY switching (with press & hold).
•“XY” gives many effects two completely different sets of settings for maximum sonic flexibility.
•Eight SCENES/preset allow you to load effect ON/OFF and X/Y “combos” (plus relays and MIDI.)
•“Modifiers” allow real-time control of many parameters via MIDI, pedals, or controllers.
•Designed for UNITY GAIN (both PRE and POST) and featuring TRUE BYPASS.
•High quality converters deliver ultra-low noise and pristine audio. No tone suck!
•Humbuster™ outputs help defeat ground hum (when used with Humbuster™ Cables).
•Built-in global IN and OUT VOLUME (pedal-assignable) & dual global 10-band Graphic EQ.
•Every preset includes a built-in dedicated global 4-MINUTE LOOPER (8m in mono)
•USB for connection to a Mac or PC for easy editing, backup/restore, and firmware updates.
•FX8-Edit, a free editor/librarian, gives user-friendly access to all sound settings.
•And more!

Attachments

• 00X0X_lsMxuOeqYk0z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    00X0X_lsMxuOeqYk0z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 31
I can make it $820 PayPal Family and Friends plus you pay shipping costs since some of you might be much closer to California and shipping would be lower for you.

It is in EXCELLENT condition (extremely low hours on it) and it will come in the Fractal Audio box.

I can do $780 right now, includes shipping costs, only if Family and Friends, through PayPal.

If the shipping cost for me is below $60 then I will refund the difference to you.

If someone would want to meet locally near Anaheim then I could do $720 cash.

This FX8 is the MKII and not the older MKI model (read up on the differences (the MKII is the preferred one)).

Last edited:
To help out someone with low funds in need of a super cool and amazing sounding effects unit, I can drop it to $700 cash (meeting in-person near Anaheim, California) or $760 shipped PayPal Family and Friends (I'll refund part of the shipping cost for anything below $60).

Have a GREAT weekend!!

Last edited:
Bump for $675 cash (meeting in-person near Anaheim, California) or $735 shipped PayPal Family and Friends (I'll refund part of the shipping cost for anything below $60).

I was asked if $675 PayPal Family and Friends would be fine where they pay the shipping.

Yes, if you can send me a prepaid shipping label for the FX8 then that would be fine as well :)

I'm located near Anaheim, California.

Yeah, it really does get you that "No Tone Suck" with an amp where my other Fractal units (and other effects units that I have owned) all have some tone suck (and some worse than others).

It's still available but I am seriously thinking about just keeping it since it is in EXCELLENT condition (it looks new and it has extremely low hours on it plus I know the history of it (never abused)) and it will come in the Fractal Audio box.

Definitely a few things that would be impossible to duplicate later if I started searching for a back-up again.

I have compared the prices on Reverb and eBay and it always beats the lowest prices there (with no tax on mine and about $40-$50 included shipping) plus it has been in better condition than just about every one of them.

I was planning on keeping it as a back-up but someone on another forum that I previously purchased something from last year said they needed one so I thought I could offer them a huge discount on it below what I had paid for it (at the time the best I could do on it was $800 shipped).

I am now able to accept $690 shipped using PayPal (Family and Friends).

Back