Dispatch Master - Best Delay and Reverb?

Anxiety Serum

I bought a EarthQuaker Devices Dispatch Master as I was looking for a simple, compact combo pedal for my smaller portable rig.

Man is it nice. I may need to replace the TC Hall of Fame and TC Flashback and buy a second Dispatch for my other rig. The TC pedals have more options, but not sure any of them sounds as good as the Dispatch. Maybe if I was better at tweaking them, but that's the beauty of the Dispatch, you don't need to tweak much. Its damn simple and easy. You can't dial in a bad sound. Subtle always on reverb or delay sounds great, or crank the mix and do both reverb and delay at the same time for some post rock atmospheric fun.

Yes it would be nice to be able to turn both sides on or off with a quick stomp, but...well...that's just an excuse to buy 4 (2 for each rig) in various colors. But honestly dialing a good sound is so easy you can just bend over an turn the reverb or delay knob as needed.

Anyone else a fan?

Had one a while back but can't remember why I sold it... I think I was having headroom problems where the pedal was clipping. Not sure, sounded pretty good though.

Love 'em. I bought couple for backup. It's an always on pedal. I set it for reverb and real short delay. Then I add in a longer delay for solos.

I’ve had two of them and still use the black one on a small board for acoustic stuff. Killer pedal and the EQD guys are top notch, but in the end I got a Keeley Caverns which is pretty mind blowing with all the stuff it does including (and most important for me) the ability to turn both effects on / off independently

I’ve posted before about how clean the Dispatch Master sounds. True studio quality time effects. I also wish you could set the delay and verb levels independently as well as turn each effect on and off independently. For a while I had a pair of them on my big board - one for an ‘always on’ reverb with no delay and the other set as delay only that I punched in and out as needed. I have since swapped the 2 Dispatch Masters for a Universal Audio Golden Reverberator and Starlight Echo - but I can’t tell you that they actually sound any better than the pair of Dispatch Masters did.

I’ve had two of them and still use the black one on a small board for acoustic stuff. Killer pedal and the EQD guys are top notch, but in the end I got a Keeley Caverns which is pretty mind blowing with all the stuff it does including (and most important for me) the ability to turn both effects on / off independently
I looked at the Keeley too.

Mostly went with the EQD because it was simpler. I find I do better with fewer nobs, amps that sound great at noon, and just less options to get lost in. But definitely nice to have two on/off buttons.

How's the sound quality difference between the two?

The Dispatch Master has been on my want list for years. Just bought a Halo but the MXR M300 I had on my board was starting to create gremlins in my chain so I think that I am going to start looking to move the Halo for a reverb of some type. The DM and Caverns could both be good options for less than what I paid for the Halo.

I looked at the Keeley too.

Mostly went with the EQD because it was simpler. I find I do better with fewer nobs, amps that sound great at noon, and just less options to get lost in. But definitely nice to have two on/off buttons.

How's the sound quality difference between the two?
I prefer the sound quality of the Caverns...

It’s really very simple when you think about it as side by side effects, the knobs above each on / off button control the specific effect. Where it really ramps up are the the different sounds available via toggle, then the extra knob on both sides is used to control that....

Example, never knew what ‘shimmer’ was on the reverb side but it’s a freaking cool sound and immediately got used

That said the Dispatch Master is an awesome pedal that I wouldn’t sell, but I won’t be using it for my gigging electric setup anymore since getting the Caverns

It’s a good decent.
I don’t entirely jive with the reverb adjuster,
but for $200 range delay pedals, it’s about as good as it gets.
Another honorable mention for $200, is
The Crazy Tube Circuits TI ME delay pedal.
Actually, the CTC stays outta’ the way better then
the DM and the adjusters respond better/have quicker range.
Also has a sweet & warm but present
flavor of the vibe.
For me though, it’s dependent on the amps loop or how it takes it in the front which determines the right fit.
Delay can actually be a huge part of your signature sound.
That Digitech one was a great budget delay thingy’.

Last edited:
Back