what pickup configuration do you like?

What pickup configuration do you like?

• 1 single coil in the neck, 1 single coil in the middle and 1 humbucker in the bridge

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 1 humbucker in the neck and 1 humbucker in the bridge

Votes: 20 90.9%

• Total voters
I have always preferred two HB's, although lately, I've had great luck with a humbucker in bridge and a single in the neck position.

I like singles in the neck a lot more than humbuckers. I’ve never had the best luck finding neck humbuckers that weren’t muddy and flat sounding compared to neck single coils which I usually find to be bright and lively.

Plus, with single coils, you get positions 2 and 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: PDC
Neither of the options is my preference, but since most are HH that's what I have. Really a bridge humbucker & volume knob is all I need and I'm good to go.

*EDIT* I wouldn't be opposed to this just to ruffle some tan skirts. Only thing it needs is a floyd rose.

1665571896171.png

Last edited:
For me these days, it’s a medium output Humbucker in the bridge with a Little 59 in the neck. I love the clean tones I get with singles in the neck, but I often find the output lagging behind the bridge Humbucker on overdriven tones. I recently tried a Little ‘59 in the neck and love it. Definitely has its own thing going on. Has the clean chimey-ness of a true single coil with more oomph.

I’ve tried many times off and on through the years to go single coils in the neck, just can never find any I like better than I like a humbucker there. I really like the idea of HSS, but never been happy with any I’ve tried. They sound good until I play another guitar HH and I finally just accepted that I’m an HH guy.

Both....HSS would seem to be ideal for me but I only have one guitar in that config.......the rest of my guitars are HH and I try to find very bright neck buckers to get the clarity of the neck singles.....it's always a PITA to find singles matching output best with the bridge bucker.....or having an HH guitar trying to get the neck pup to sound bright and articulate like a single. Somewhere in there is exactly what I like....it's a compromise either way.

Nothing beats singles for cleans either.....yeah I don't wanna f'in hear it ....I like me some clean tones.....CLEAN cleans! :yes:
87995244_110376937229834_6197650985087664128_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back