The guitar brand you always come back to…

mystixboi

What is the guitar brand that you always come back to? For me, it would be Ibanez. It started back in 1987 when I fell in love with the Jem. Over the years, everyone quite a few of them. I own guitars from other brands I love like PRS and Fender. But I always come back to Ibanez. Here’s my current Ibanez line up… how about you?

L4Q6Iy6.jpg

2Ajbykx.jpg

Charvel/Jackson USAs. Vintage or the USA run 08/09. That neck profile is home for me.
For 17 years, a USA Hamer and an 87 RG550 were my 2 gigging guitars until I found Charvels.

Attachments

• BDA27660-E869-4AF2-A136-6EE410BC71CB.jpeg
    BDA27660-E869-4AF2-A136-6EE410BC71CB.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 44
  • 4C33D458-E3CE-49AC-AB61-DCD186532FBE.jpeg
    4C33D458-E3CE-49AC-AB61-DCD186532FBE.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 47
Hmm - I started with Gibson then for years from mid 80's to early 2000's it was ESP. Back to Gibson, then PRS back to Gibson and then a combo of both. 4 Les Pauls, 2 Tremonti's and a nice shredder from Chubtone which I'll be adding another when ready. I may be jettisoning a LP soon and I'll either replace with another LP or another Tremonti. But three of the Pauls will never go anywhere. The other, which was the one that brought me back to Gibson, I just can't deal with the slim taper neck anymore.

I definitely like having at least "pairs". That helps with my ocd. So really I guess I'd have to say both. I mean if I could only own one, that'd be tough but I'd go Tremonti because it gets me really close to the Paul tone and I get the advantage of having the trem if needed.

Last edited:
"Going back to" implies that you've ever left. I'll never not love my LTD deluxe series and my Gibson LP Special.

Gibson, Charvel, and Fender but mostly Gibson. Whether I pick up a Les Paul, SG, Explorer, etc, it feels right, has the same type tone, etc. I can't say the same for Fender. I'm a Strat guy but has to be a certain one.

If there was 1 that can do all; PRS custom.
If I could have 1 of each: Strat, Jem, PRS
The End

I was a Jackson loyalist for years with some ESPs sprinkled in there. Got 2 ESP signature custom shop guitars this year. Doubt I’ll ever go back to Jackson.
When I was finalizing the shipping of my Jackson, Nik at Axe Palace recommended my next custom be an ESP as jackson had wafted on many of my selections. Luckily, I fell in love with the guitar despite some of the features not being what i asked for. The inlays especially, lol

Not a brand, but basswood body with maple necks and floyd rose bridges.
Despite I have expensive guitars I always come back to my ESP Lynch LTD (dimarzio Gravity Storm pickup).
It kick some serious asses.

Back