Most overrated amp?

The most over rated Id say is a tie between a SLO and a Wizard. Two way overpriced amplifiers.But then maybe I should say over priced not over rated?

they are overrated :dunno: type SLO 100 in youtube and every title is "the king of amps" and "legendary" this and that, yet i cant tell you many if any albums that are strait SLO and i cant think of many guys using them for any length of time. guys are flipping them constantly, i dont even have to look and i can guarantee theres at least one for sale in the classifieds right now. its amazing how so many people have unexpected money problems two weeks after getting one and have to regrettably sell it.

The thing that changed over the years is the player vs amp.1978 95% of people and 100% of people i knew would say have you heard eddie van halen play guitar etc etc. Nobody was asking about his amp because it was him playing. Plus a marshall was a given then.

i dont know, i have literally zero experience with modelers. im kind of affraid ill like them too much lol
Every generation of AxeFx supposedly “outmodels” the previous. The current word on the street is that the new Quad Cortex “out profiles” the Kemper. All these improvements are aimed at increasing realism. Why not be content with the real thing when it’s already there? Something’s wrong when the devices intended for replacing tube amps cost more than a respectable, moderately priced tube amp that’ll always sound and feel better.

I know it will seem ridiculous but for me, at this point - pretty much anything Mesa.

I just feel like any model has ranged from ‘hell no’ to ‘meh, pretty good’ for me. I guess they are just are not my thing.

Suhr PT-100 is that way for me too.

Based on how many people RAVE about them I have never found Friedmans to be great for me, either

Every generation of AxeFx supposedly “outmodels” the previous. The current word on the street is that the new Quad Cortex “out profiles” the Kemper. All these improvements are aimed at increasing realism. Why not be content with the real thing when it’s already there? Something’s wrong when the devices intended for replacing tube amps cost more than a respectable, moderately priced tube amp that’ll always sound and feel better.

i dont know, im not a tube purist and im not all that picky with feel so the thought of having 95% of in theory every amp out there is appealing to me. id be downloading all the amps mentioned in this thread and trying them for the hell of it right now if i had a kemper or helix.

Just don't think they do the Marshall name justice . I think the JVM's , JMP and JCM's are awesome though . Origin's are a close 2nd.
Yea i see that. Def a diff “kinda” Marshall

Origins are just bad ass man…gotta have a boost though…at least I do 😏

Reactions: ccn
Back