What is the piece of gear you have been most disappointed in trying or purchasing?

Agreed on all. I used to be subscribed to him more for just entertainment (like I did with Ola), but that video he made of that awful KMA Pylon was the last straw for me and unsubscribed since then
I haven't watched one of his videos since the C+ synergy module. I could not believe how bad the video was all the way around. The module probably lost synergy more sales than it generated.

They can be amazing (not for metal though). I consider my 1963 Vox AC30 Top Boost to be one the top 3 best amps I’ve owned (or even tried other than that ‘70’s Dumble lol). The problem is all these boutique EL84 amps I’ve had or tried were to my ‘63 AC30TB what things like the Friedman, Metroplex and others are to the actual vintage Marshall NMV’s. Basically a neutered, sterilized, 2D version of that sound. The only non-vintage EL84 amp that’s impressed me so far is my Alessandro English. He seems to be one of the few guys these days that can actually make amps with organic, nuanced tone
The engl ironball is very good at metal. Better than many full size amps imo

Framus Cobra - there may have been something wrong with it but it didn't sustain at all for a high-gain amp (in comparison to others I've owned). Just didn't fit.

Mesa Mark V - Sold my coveted Mark IV for an off-the-line first run of the Mark V. I was so disappointed as everything I loved about the Mark IV was the exact opposite in the Mark V. I tried for a few weeks and sold it for another Mark IV. I have heard clips of later builds of the V and it sounded better but not enough for me to try again.
I had the same experience. Sold the IV fir it as well

The engl ironball is very good at metal. Better than many full size amps imo
It wasn’t bad at all, but for my taste too artificial sounding as most Engl’s tend to be. I much preferred the Dover DA-20. The Orange OR15 was another very good one for what it is

haven't had good luck with Suhr stuff except his earliest guitar builds.

I had a 5K Modern that needed a sledge-hammer to move the truss-rod adjustment. It was froze. Chipped the finish in the process. Sold it. Never again.

Had a Scott Henderson model Strat that played well, but when played against my BIL's Fender American Standard, the Fender smoked it tonally.

Last but not least, the SL68 head which I coined the "Fuse Blower". A great local tech, who builds his own amps, was scratching his head. A well-built useless amp, unless I sent it across the country for Suhr to look at. Shitcanned it at GC
I wondered whatever happened to that sl68. It even had me stumped.

I couldn't get rid of the V fast enough either.
Next was the Ceriatone Son of Yeti and the PRS MT15.
The MT15 I got over real quick too. Everyone says it was an Uber mixed with Recto and far from it IMO. It did have some punch to it though, I'll give it that. I'm still interested in the MT100 whenever that gets released.

The MT15 I got over real quick too. Everyone says it was an Uber mixed with Recto and far from it IMO. It did have some punch to it though, I'll give it that. I'm still interested in the MT100 whenever that gets released.
I would be curious for an MT100. I didn’t mind the Archon. It just had a lot of overlap with a lot of stuff I had.

ISP Theta head. Im a huge Buck Waller fanboy and ordered one of the first Theta heads. I already had the Vector subs and decimators. And I'm a big solid state creep. I really thought this head would be a tweakers paradise. I worked that amp for at least 3 months before handing it off to Bloodrock to see if he could dial it in. He gave up after two months. Wish I had another crack at one just to confirm. Was crazy disappointed.

Attachments

• 4607_1_ver0.jpg
    4607_1_ver0.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 36
Duncan custom custom pickup . People raved about it and said it's what you want but it just didn't float my boat , put back the humbucker that came with my Les Paul which I liked better. I think I would have preferred the regular Duncan custom instead .

I’m going to catch flack for this but let me say up front I’m a huge Dream Theater Petrucci fan

JP2C. It’s ok but just couldn’t dial a tone in that made me eargasm. It felt good playing wise but no amp should take hours to figure out how the EQ doesn’t work as stated like the treble bass etc all effect other frequencies.
I will say the footswitch is very cool as you can assign the two EQs.
Clean channel simply beautiful. Ch 1,2 basically the same. Amp was noisy. Forget about the shred switch amp turned into a squealing annoying pig.

It’s not a BAD amp it’s just not awesome. And at the current prices 😂😂😂

It's always funny how much praise Suhr gets on TGP while tons of guys here dislike the brand with passion. I guess truth is in the middle (finger?)

Bogner Ecstasy 3534. Ordered right before Covid. Waited a year for it. I was going to sell all my other amps because this was going to be it. Pretty underwhelming and noisier than a WHO concert.

It's always funny how much praise Suhr gets on TGP while tons of guys here dislike the brand with passion. I guess truth is in the middle (finger?)
It's only because the Suhr guy is a (paying) member there and so is their most beloved narcissist gear tuber asshole and Suhr endorser. Every single bit of criticism or bad experiences with Suhr will be deleted but not before the critic is torn to pieces by a toxic fanbase and then gets permanently banned by some asshole mod like DGTCrazy who is easily one of the worst bootlickers and fanboys over there.

My experiences with Suhr were mixed but mostly disappointing considering their prices.

It's only because the Suhr guy is a (paying) member there and so is their most beloved narcissist gear tuber asshole and Suhr endorser. Every single bit of criticism or bad experiences with Suhr will be deleted but not before the critic is torn to pieces by a toxic fanbase and then gets permanently banned by some asshole mod like DGTCrazy who is easily one of the worst bootlickers and fanboys over there.

My experiences with Suhr were mixed but mostly disappointing considering their prices.
You just described a pack of liberals.

Don't ever ask why you don't get a case when you buy a $3300 guitar

For me it was the Bogner Helios 100w. I'm a huge Bogner fan but this wasn't for me and I was devastated because I sold my 20th Anniversary XTC 6L6 to get it. It sounded admittedly pretty good in the 30w JTM mode, but then I was having to run it at 4 ohm and it wasn't flexible and it just bummed me out.

Back