Who do you recommend that can build me one of these?

My simple request:

An ACTUAL dedicated single rack space Jose' Modded JCM800 preamp. with various tone shaping options,
built with the highest quality components.

I have been looking for 35 years for someone to make one, and I believe that if any amp builder worth their salt that would offer them with customizable mods would never be able to keep up with demand. This really should be an easy request.
Somewhere in the Ballpark of $999.00-1599.00 would seem reasonable in today's money, (otherwise you are in whole amp cost territory).
Please don't say Myasnikov, Synergy, Rocktron Valvesonic Plexi, or AS Sound,
All are great, but I want a US built, dedicated OG Pre that REALLY captures the Magic.
Obviously, it doesn't have to have the EXACT aesthetics for copywrite reasons.
This literally has to be a cakewalk for any experienced Modder/Builder, but where to start?
Any suggestions?

This dude built a 1 off, but it sounds stock:

If someone could build me THIS but with whatever customizable mods I would want it would eliminate perpetual G.A.S.

Whom would you recommend as a builder that could/would take on said project?

PS, If you would want one as well, please add your upvote!

Last edited:
its not a rack but i have one of these and it rips, they guy has a real jose he copied it off. for $450 or whatever he sells them for its kinda silly not to have. maybe he can put one in a rack :dunno:

its not a rack but i have one of these and it rips, they guy has a real jose he copied it off. for $450 or whatever he sells them for its kinda silly not to have. maybe he can put one in a rack :dunno:

Yes exactly tonewise!

Precisely the idea, single rack space is the dream though.

i do wish it was a single or even two space would be cool, the thing is clunky with the tubes and everything but it does sound great, every bit as good as my other jose amps.

Thank you for the heads up!
Those clips are intense.
I am definitely going consider hitting him up.
Indeed, for the price there is no rival on the market.

Back