Jose Style amp...?

Pretty sure the Pandora modded 2203X I have can do that. I don't have a proper strat sitting around to see how close I can get but the amp is pretty sweet. There is a switch on the back the kicks in some type of clipping that I have read is Cameron / Jose'ish but I am not a tech. Just know that it sounds great with the switch on or off.

If I remember right his are the Jose schematic that has been floating around the web forever... Henning built one and used it with the PCM and it was pretty much spot on. It wasn't something he offered as a product but given the schematic worked for it pretty much any competent builder should be able to put one together.

just when i think i'm over marshall induced gas pangs...and here you go! :rawk:

i've got a marshall clone... wish TF i had an amp guru close(r) to me i could get with to tune it up a little

If PRS can make the MT-15 with big tubes, a loop and a loud "15" watts in that small package for $750, I don't see why someone hasn't done the same thing in the same package only with a Marshall/ Jose circuit. Even PRS.
Shit, Peavey should redo the VTM 60 in a small EVH50 sized headshell.

Eddy Lenz who is here on the forum. But I think he is in Germany or somewhere in the EU.

Sounds good but doesn't anyone else get tired of this 1980's sound? I mean, you buy a Marshall, you turn it up and you've got one basic tone and it's never gonna be that much different sounding no matter where you set the dials, just the gain level, and that's all she wrote. How can you be satisfied with that?

So who currently makes a good Jose style amp?

Like this tone...

LOVE Joe!!!!! One of the absolute most crushing players out there today - and underrated IMHO - but that's also his demeanour; "low key" kinda cat.

Tone - Jose - sure. But I believe 90% of that tone comes from Holmes' fingers and playing style.

Back