Framus Devin Townsend stormbender

base341

I've been looking for something new and have been thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these.
Anyone got one or have any chance to check one out?

I had one, the "middle" version, so still pretty high end but not the super ultra artist version.

It weighed a ton, had a fairly substantial neck and was very well put together. I think if it had a trem, I would probably would have kept it, but the Evertune bridge, while it worked as advertised, was not for me. If the evertune bridge is your thing, its a hell of a guitar IMO.

I saw a video of Devin comparing it to a les Paul custom tone and weight wise.
I had one, the "middle" version, so still pretty high end but not the super ultra artist version.

It weighed a ton, had a fairly substantial neck and was very well put together. I think if it had a trem, I would probably would have kept it, but the Evertune bridge, while it worked as advertised, was not for me. If the evertune bridge is your thing, its a hell of a guitar IMO.
I saw a video of Devin comparing it to a Les Paul custom tone and weight wise. Would that be accurate?
I actually like the Evertune, it takes some getting used to but man is it nice to not worry about tuning during a gig!

Back