What would you do or say in this situation?

mystixboi

What would you do/say? A friend of mine is in a band with a gig scheduled for this Friday? He was just informed by the guitarist that if the Phillies make it that far in the World Series, he’s not doing the gig because he would try to go to the game. If the band bails on the gig, they will definitely get black listed from the venue.

Ok or no?

Does the band have a history of cancelling gigs? Is the venue actually going to blacklist them, or is it suggested? Is it worth keeping a gig at that venue?

Can't really give a solid piece of advice without a little more context, but the quick answer is I'd say don't worry about the gig.

I would miss my son's wedding to watch Gary Holt punch Kim Kardashian in the cunt.
giphy.gif

What would you do/say? A friend of mine is in a band with a gig scheduled for this Friday? He was just informed by the guitarist that if the Phillies make it that far in the World Series, he’s not doing the gig because he would try to go to the game. If the band bails on the gig, they will definitely get black listed from the venue.

Ok or no?
Tell your friend to cancel the gig now. Make up a reason but at least give the people time to replace the band. Last minute cancels can leave a bad taste, especially if they are not established.

Then I'd tell your friend to find another guitarists because clearly he has other priorities.

Seeing your heroes have a chance to make history is a far greater memory than a bar/club gig.
I don't blame the guy for wanting to go to the game.
I would miss my son's wedding to watch Gary Holt punch Kim Kardashian in the cunt.
But then he'd be missing a hand... that thing has teeth

Tell your friend to cancel the gig now. Make up a reason but at least give the people time to replace the band. Last minute cancels can leave a bad taste, especially if they are not established.

Then I'd tell your friend to find another guitarists because clearly he has other priorities.
Yeah, penis apparently.

Back