What's My Reverb Refund Chances?

Seems to be a lot of sellers lying by omission lately but your seller lied about the condition of the frets being in GREAT SHAPE with lotsa life. I don't think I've ever seen divots like those even after many years of playing even with people who fret hard.

Unless you really like and want the guitar I would ask for a full refund and return. If you do want it then ask for the money to do a full fret at the very least. If he's not willing to do that then I wouldNOT be willing to keep a misrepresented item at your expense especially an expensive Suhr guitar. Now if you got it for a really good price and you know this then maybe you are willing to refret it since you got it for a good deal.
It's your call, if you feel you have been ripped off ...then you probably were.

I recently purchased a vintage flanger and the seller's description was Sounds Great, fully functional in the default description. When I got the pedal the footswtich is going bad and interittently shorts but is still functional. I did get it for a good price but I did bring it to the sellers attention that I was displeased but the flanger. Now it works good and sounds really good so I will install a new footswitch for 9 bucks versus the $50.00+ I saved from the median prices of other sellers. He said he always used the pedal on a looper pedal so he never pushed the footswitch alot to know it was bad...:dunno: probably still BS but I chose not to battle it out over $9.00 even though I think he misrepresented the pedal. Now in his defense he did say if I was not pleased he would take a return on the pedal and we did speak over the phone and he was a pretty nice guy that's why I decided to go the route that I did.

If he had advertised it as having an intermittent bad footswitch his chances of making a sale even at a discounted price would have been low.

Seems to be alot of seller lying by omission lately but your seller lied about the condition of the frets being in GREAT SHAPE with lotsa life. I don't think I've ever seen divots like those even after many years of playing even with people who fret hard.

Unless you really like and want the guitar I would ask for a full refund and return. If you do want it then ask for the money to do a full fret at the very least. If he's not willing to do that then I wouldNOT be willing to keep a misrepresented item at your expense especially an expensive Suhr guitar. Now if you got it for a really good price and you know this then maybe you are willing to refret it since you got it for a good deal.
At this point I just want a refund. My shop has 6 month wait on a refret.

It's a Gibson 335 BTW not a Surh. Some one else was talking about Surhs related to this but it's a Gibson. So still not a cheap guitar.

Things are moving forward. Hope to have resolution soon.

Wow that's brutal! He should have clearly stated those "major" divots in his description and also have shown pics of them. He lied to you saying no issues etc so you will have no problem getting your money back after showing those pics.

Shipping label paid for by seller and received by me. Refund in progress.

Appreciate everyones feedback.

Not sure if he came to his senses or if Reverb twisted his arm after I chatted with them. But he finally did the right thing.

If that existed it should have been disclosed in close up pics and in the item description. But I mean, those ruts would be visible on a pic of the full guitar too. Would love to see that listing.
No close ups from posting near the first 3 frets.

Here is a zoomed in full body. If you can see the feet issue you got better eyes than me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221102_142952_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20221102_142952_Photos.jpg
    929.5 KB · Views: 47
Seems to be a lot of sellers lying by omission lately but your seller lied about the condition of the frets being in GREAT SHAPE with lotsa life. I don't think I've ever seen divots like those even after many years of playing even with people who fret hard.

I'd ask for a refund, send him those pics, ASAP. There's no debate necessary.

File a claim before it's too late. You have 7 days I think. I got screwed by being on vacation when I rcvd a messed up guitar.

They will refund you. They always side with the buyer as someone else said.

I actually took it to two shops. One said definitely needs fret work, but ask a luthier if it needs a refret or if there is room for a fret dressing. So I took it to another shop with a luthier in house. Two of them looked at it and said refret.

View attachment 142120
View attachment 142123
Whoa!!! Those divots are DEEP!! Totally unacceptable if the guy said it plays great and frets are ok. He is either blind and has no feeling in his fingers or he is a shyster. If that showed up to me looking like that I would be god damned furious! In fact, I would rig talk the hell out and go berserk.

Back