What's My Reverb Refund Chances?

Haven’t read the whole thing yet but stopped to comment that you went astray when you believed the description of a 30 year old guitar as “excellent.” That’s a red flag for me. Not that 30 yo guitars can’t be in good condition, all things considering, but “excellent”? Red flag.

Went back and saw the frets, read through more. The seller was either being very dishonest or is an idiot. Those frets are done.

$500-600 for a total refret? Is that the going rate these days?

Whoa!!! Those divots are DEEP!! Totally unacceptable if the guy said it plays great and frets are ok. He is either blind and has no feeling in his fingers or he is a shyster. If that showed up to me looking like that I would be god damned furious! In fact, I would rig talk the hell out and go berserk.
OP…..Can we please get this Reverb dickheads personal info so we can get “Thegame” on this travesty immediately!!!!

Threads will be started.
Names will be called.
Slanderous accusations will abound.
Chaos will rule all things Rigtalk.

😜😜😜😜😜
I am glad your getting a refund.

Haven’t read the whole thing yet but stopped to comment that you went astray when you believed the description of a 30 year old guitar as “excellent.” That’s a red flag for me. Not that 30 yo guitars can’t be in good condition, all things considering, but “excellent”? Red flag.
Went back and saw the frets, read through more. The seller was either being very dishonest or is an idiot. Those frets are done.

$500-600 for a total refret? Is that the going rate these days?
Yeah. I have seen a bunch of those excellent listings. I agree I would never list a 30 year old guitar that way, but some people I think use excellent as a relative term. Like Excellent for a 30 year old guitar. So I ask a lot of questions, ask for additional picks, and make my own judgement on condition. Wish I had asked for the fret close ups instead of taking him at his word. The rest of the guitar was major-blemish free, but it was not excellent. Looked like it hadn't been wiped down or set up in years, dust, grime ect. But it still looked cool and if the neck was good and the frets were good I would have polished her up and been fine he called it "excellent" even if I would have called her good to very good at best. I was going for the vintage/aged look.

Yep $500-600 is a fret in my neck of the woods. The first shop didn't even do that level of work. The others are so backlogged they could probably charge whatever they want.

OP…..Can we please get this Reverb dickheads personal info so we can get “Thegame” on this travesty immediately!!!!

Threads will be started.
Names will be called.

😜😜😜😜😜
Don't want to name names. But here are my NGD picks that got robbed from me and I never got to use. I can share now that she is with UPS and I can't be tempted by some Rigtalk asshole that tells me: "You are crazy to return her...just keep her and fix the frets/neck". Didn't want to be tempted, because I want nothing to do with this guitar after this experience. But she looks good. I hope someone buys her (knowing the issues), fixes her and enjoys her.

1667435147902.png
1667435165203.png

Don't want to name names. But here are my NGD picks that got robbed from me and I never got to use. I can share now that she is with UPS and I can't be tempted by some Rigtalk asshole that tells me: "You are crazy to return her...just keep her and fix the frets/neck". Didn't want to be tempted, because I want nothing to do with this guitar after this experience. But she looks good. I hope someone buys her (knowing the issues), fixes her and enjoys her.

View attachment 142408View attachment 142411
Oh man. That is absolutely beautiful! Damn.

I know right? Pure shame she played so terribly.
I'm glad it worked out for you. Pretty isn't everything...:yes:

I had a 1983 Gibson Les Paul custom that would never stay in tune no matter what was done to it. It sure was pretty though...........it was white pearl with an ebony board............I guess I could have sold it now for a fortune to these guys that love the Norlin Era LP's.................I never saw that one coming in 1990 when I was glad to unload it for what I paid........\:D/

Threads will be started.
Names will be called.

😜😜😜😜😜
Chaos will rule yet again. Much name calling will happen, a conductor of chaos will be operating discreetly in the shadows egging his fellows on and encouraging their combined mayhem and menace. Leaving nothing but shivering denizen in their rear view. Rigtalk is now their dominion.

How did someone even play that to get to that point? It must be some guy who just strums while holding chords as hard and tight as he possibly could without ever doing bends. I would take that guitar and beat him with it and say, “hey bro! I come from the furious and mean threads of rigtalk! Chaos reigns supreme and in every shadow, trouble awaits.”

Back