Can anyone figure out a piece of gear from this picture?

Rmac02

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 5.43.34 PM.png

I've been putting together a rack rig based of off Billy Corgans 94 or 96 rig, only getting things like the preamps and FX racks/eq compressors. This photos is of Billy Corgans Rig from 1993-94 I saw this picture from another forum and somebody was asking about the drawmer unit. But, I was wondering if any of you could recognize the big piece of gear on the top of the rack case to the left (the one with the jmp 1)? He's got a power amp in the rack case (Strategy 500). I'm able to figure out all the other rack units but I'm curious what that big ole thing in the separate case above could be. It looks like there's a switch on it so it must do something. I can't make out what the white logo on it says. If anyone has a clue that would be awesome!

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 6.09.11 PM.png

Here's the thing zoomed in. Ignore the red arrow, the person who originally posted this picture put that there.

Last edited:
i love looking at huge rigs but i dont think id ever want one?? what more does corgan need than a 800, big muff and delay pedal?? all that shit just gives me anxiety thinking about something blowing up

i love looking at huge rigs but i dont think id ever want one?? what more does corgan need than a 800, big muff and delay pedal?? all that shit just gives me anxiety thinking about something blowing up
It won't be too bad once it's put together, the biggest issue will be carrying it around for rehearsal and gigs :ROFLMAO: . I would only be scared of the power section blowing up but I use an amp head for the power amp so it's separate from the rest of my racks luckily. Honestly I used to use pedals, they're great, but I prefer how racks can have presets and I can recall them all on my midi board. It's just gonna be a pain to move once i get my big ass rack case.

Dude ,
The strategy power amp is a huge part of the sound - don’t discount that.
A good boost + JMP-1 + Strategy 500 w/ all 5881’s is 99% of the way there.
Talking seriously now.

Dude ,
The strategy power amp is a huge part of the sound - don’t discount that.
A good boost + JMP-1 + Strategy 500 w/ all 5881’s is 99% of the way there.
Talking seriously now.
Yeah it's a decent part of the sound and it's $2000... plus super rare. I have a jmp-1 and an Alesis 3630 to boost it and then I run it into my marshall 50w tube amp. I dig the sound of what I'm running at the moment. Billy also used a marshall 9200 power amp in the siamese dream tour and those are less rare and less expensive, so I might try one of those in the future. I'm just trying to get close without completely destroying my back or budget. FX are also very important (eventide and digitech racks, I've got my DHP-55 and an Eventide H9 hiding in the back of my rack). I'm getting fairly close tones, Maybe I'll try to get a mesa 2:90 or something similar because those mesa power amps are just phenomenal, but rare and expensive.

It won't be too bad once it's put together, the biggest issue will be carrying it around for rehearsal and gigs :ROFLMAO: . I would only be scared of the power section blowing up but I use an amp head for the power amp so it's separate from the rest of my racks luckily. Honestly I used to use pedals, they're great, but I prefer how racks can have presets and I can recall them all on my midi board. It's just gonna be a pain to move once i get my big ass rack case.

You're actually going to haul that around?! Fuckin' hell, man, build a ramp or put a lift on the back of your truck or the only thing you'll be playin' is 'Pop My Ball Back Into The Sack From My Stomach' 😂

I love builds of rigs like this, or putting together an artist-inspired guitar that doesn't exist as a production guitar. Have fun with it, man!

Yeah it's a decent part of the sound and it's $2000... plus super rare. I have a jmp-1 and an Alesis 3630 to boost it and then I run it into my marshall 50w tube amp. I dig the sound of what I'm running at the moment. Billy also used a marshall 9200 power amp in the siamese dream tour and those are less rare and less expensive, so I might try one of those in the future. I'm just trying to get close without completely destroying my back or budget. FX are also very important (eventide and digitech racks, I've got my DHP-55 and an Eventide H9 hiding in the back of my rack). I'm getting fairly close tones, Maybe I'll try to get a mesa 2:90 or something similar because those mesa power amps are just phenomenal, but rare and expensive.
I had a 2:90 and it didn't even compare to my S500. The 500 is definitely the secret to Billy's huge mellon collie live tone. I miss mine a lot... On the Siamese Dream tour he would sometimes switch it out with a Marshall 100/100.

Back