Here comes the SLO pedal

I think Pete does great demos. There’s this channel -guitar max. And all his demos sound the same. Pete’s demos sound great.

Fwiw, I had all the Revv G pedals. I hought the G3 sounded the worst. The G2 almost did the Marshall thing really well, but didnt quite nail it. I kept the G4 and use it regularly through my Fender preamp.
I watched one Guitar Max vid..will just leave it at that.
Like I said Petes videos are good, but all the drive pedals and amps sound the same pretty much. I usually skip those and just watch the ones that are on some sort of topic/ concept.
The G3 doesn’t sound good thru an amp. Direct into my DF-7 for the irs then into my Apogee Element sounds great. Just what I wanted it for.

If anyone is interested, I did a 4 way short comparison of the SLO Pedal, the SLO Mini, The Synerghy SLO Module and Syn 30 and my 100 Watt Avenger in a live stream today.

for those saying "it's not anywhere CLOSE", can't say I agree with you. And yes, I know the Avenger isn't the SLO, but they are very very close to each other and I think the pedal through a solid state power amp came way closer than many would expect. I think people come to their conclusions based on their own pre conceived notions and no amount of contrary information will change their mind.

I think the Avenger is the best sounding Soldano they ever made. If it wasn't for their shitty effects loop, I'd own one. I also loved the Hot Rod 50. Bought one of those back in the HC days in snakeskin tolex, near mint for $700. KILLER sounding amp. But, the shitty FX loop made me move it. No pedals played nice with it, and I HATED having to ditch it.

I think the Avenger is the best sounding Soldano they ever made. If it wasn't for their shitty effects loop, I'd own one. I also loved the Hot Rod 50. Bought one of those back in the HC days in snakeskin tolex, near mint for $700. KILLER sounding amp. But, the shitty FX loop made me move it. No pedals played nice with it, and I HATED having to ditch it.
Couldn’t agree more. I gigged a HotRod 50 as my main for a few years and I loved it.,sliced through the mix like a knife.
Cleans were all done with the volume knob. Great amp. I paid $900.00 at the time for a beat up basket case.

IMHO, the FX loop is not that big a problem. I had a local tech rework my SLO loop for $150. He moved it past the tone stack and adjusted the levels. I had it done the week after I bought mine, about 20 years ago, and never thought about it again. Now it works perfect with everything. Selling the amp seems more complicated to me than tweaking the loop, yet I keep reading about the Soldano loop in all forums 20 years later LOL

If anyone is interested, I did a 4 way short comparison of the SLO Pedal, the SLO Mini, The Synerghy SLO Module and Syn 30 and my 100 Watt Avenger in a live stream today.

for those saying "it's not anywhere CLOSE", can't say I agree with you. And yes, I know the Avenger isn't the SLO, but they are very very close to each other and I think the pedal through a solid state power amp came way closer than many would expect. I think people come to their conclusions based on their own pre conceived notions and no amount of contrary information will change their mind.

Did'nt realise you were on the forum, really like your demos, no bullshit, just some great playing.....thanks for all the work you clearly put in!

Did'nt realise you were on the forum, really like your demos, no bullshit, just some great playing.....thanks for all the work you clearly put in!
Thanks man, been here a long long time. Appreciate the kind words, though let's be honest, my playing is horseshit

I've heard good things in some of the clips, but FWIW haven't really thought of this like a SLO in a box. That whole idea seems a farce for any design.

Rather it seems like a much better DS-1, which is a good thing.

Looking forward to trying it out with those expectations. Should be great for playing things like "Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing", but sound better than the record.

Because I'm a sucker the purple one is on order.

Last edited:
IMHO, the FX loop is not that big a problem. I had a local tech rework my SLO loop for $150. He moved it past the tone stack and adjusted the levels. I had it done the week after I bought mine, about 20 years ago, and never thought about it again. Now it works perfect with everything. Selling the amp seems more complicated to me than tweaking the loop, yet I keep reading about the Soldano loop in all forums 20 years later LOL

Agreed. Complaints about the SLO effects loop come off as hyperbolic most of the time. It really isn't that hard to work with stock, but at the same time it's trivial to move it if you otherwise like the amp.

Thanks man, been here a long long time. Appreciate the kind words, though let's be honest, my playing is horseshit
Don't sell yourself short, I would'nt watch it if it was garbage, I keep coming back, like your riffs and your passion for good solid rhythm! (I think the big selling point is lack of post processing, makes me want a Splawn!, and sold me on the Ages overdrive)

Yeah the complaints about Soldano loops were always stupid to me. Most of the time it was something dumb like “it was the best sounding amp I ever had, but I couldn’t put my $60 delay pedal through the loop, so I had to get rid of it”

Get your fucking priorities straight.

I just received 5 star Reverb feedback from Soldano.

😝

I think this actually represents my pinnacle as a guitarist. I'll take it.

Back