How cheap could you build the 78 black/white Eruption?

Could be done with cheap (chinese) parts and a good pickup for 400. A good one, 1kish. I'd buy used aftermarket genuine brand parts and it's more like 1k.

I guess it depends how cheap you really want to go. You could go super cheap but you'll probably have a cheap playing/sounding guitar. I'd probably go with something like this Squire Classic vibe. You get the full thickness body, the 70's headstock. Then just do spray/stripes and all the rest, you'd probably be in it for less than $600.
0211B6B3-2F7C-41CC-B00A-38F716E25D17.jpeg

So How cheap do you think you could build this thing and what parts or donors would you use? I've always wanted to have a go at one of these Frankenstrats. For some reason I like this one more than the red.

Standard trem, brass nut, go!

https://www.evhgear.com/gear/series/guitars/striped/striped-series-78-eruption/5107900576
The original stripe series b/w Franky and Bee under the EVH brand was going for $899 new when they were released , both have Floyds . After Ed passed away you could still get them for that price new for a little while . I had always hoped they were gonna release the b/w Franky with a vintage style trem for that price. Not necessarily cheap but a lot better deal than $1800

I guess it depends how cheap you really want to go. You could go super cheap but you'll probably have a cheap playing/sounding guitar. I'd probably go with something like this Squire Classic vibe. You get the full thickness body, the 70's headstock. Then just do spray/stripes and all the rest, you'd probably be in it for less than $600.View attachment 143596
What's the correct ratio of cocaine residue, Marlboro ashes (long ash only), sweat, and Schlitz malt liquor foam to put into the routes before the pickguard goes back on ?

I was thinking a squire or japanese knock off strat body as there always seem to be some for sale on the used market for 2-300$ for a playing guitar. I agree that the ones they have priced just over 1K with a floyd could also be offered in standard trem but not surprised they decided to double the cost and make it a "replica".

I found out Partscaster builds can add up fast . Initially you think the body and neck don't seem to outlandishly expensive but by the time it's done you're in the 1K range LOL.

A lot of people rave about the Kramer Baretta special .

Buy the guitar it's $199.00 and put black stripes on it and it will end up like the top image .
image_2022-11-08_191135827.png

image_2022-11-08_191016497.png

Reactions: Geo
You could go extremely cheap, but why bother?

My Warmoth Strat is about as close to "Eruption" specs as I'd probably want to go. Showcase body and neck, Jalen Origin pickup, Gotoh bridge and tuners. It came out to around $1200 Canadian all said and done.

5CvmmlR.jpg

That's a good point actually. At my age, I want my guitars to be decent quality. Did you paint that yourself? Nice colour on it.

Back