Eventide H90

TX6Strings

So no talk about this here?

With banking options and univibe, pre/post it might replace my Timeline, Mobius and BlueSky
F0C3DAFB-F3FA-483F-A6A7-FA643ECE4BD4.jpeg

Preloaded with 62 effect algorithms:
◦ 10 new effects algorithms: Polyphony, Prism Shift, Bouquet Delay, Head Space, Weedwacker, Even-vibe, Wormhole, Instant Flanger, Instant Phaser, and SP2016 Reverb

◦ Includes all 52 effect algorithms from the H9 Max Harmonizer with enhanced features

◦ New low-latency polyphonic pitch shift with SIFT (Spectral Instantaneous Frequency Tracking) technology
◦ ARM-based architecture lays the foundation for new and exciting creative effects
◦ Use two algorithms at once per program
◦ True spillover between programs
◦ Effects routed in series or parallel
◦ Instrument or line level operation
◦ Two mono inserts or one stereo insert can be placed anywhere in the signal chain
◦ Dual mode to process two independent stereo signals at the same time
◦ Five knobs for more tactile control
◦ Two expression inputs for pedals, up to 3-button aux switches, and CV signals
◦ Use H90 Control software to edit programs, create rosters, and update firmware on a Mac or PC
◦ Built-in tuner

I have the H9 and the only thing that makes it just suck is the control parameters are extremely limited. If you dont tweak via the app then its extremely limited. If they actually implemented a good user user interface then this might actually be worth checking out.

I had a H9 max for a while. While it’s a decent enough pedal, it’s limited to using just 1 algorithm at a time, is almost impossible to tweak without the app and imo is WAY overpriced for what it does. $900 for this new unit is straight up insane.

As an h9 user for sometime now i was initially excited when I heard of the update however i will not be upgrading. there are a lot of pedals out there in this price range that can do more than two effects at a time. Eventide should have made this more relevant and have the ability to do four or more effects at one time, i think they missed the boat in my opinion. And i agree that the original h9 was pretty useless without the editor.

The most appealing feature for me is the built in tuner, lol. But honestly I'm holding out for an AmpX.

I haven't been a fan of their modulation algorithms (e.g. Modfactor, which to my understanding was the same in the H9). Wonder if the H90 is the same?

As an h9 user for sometime now i was initially excited when I heard of the update however i will not be upgrading. there are a lot of pedals out there in this price range that can do more than two effects at a time. Eventide should have made this more relevant and have the ability to do four or more effects at one time, i think they missed the boat in my opinion. And i agree that the original h9 was pretty useless without the editor.
Same here, might just pick up another used H9 and run it together with my first one lol.

I have the H9 and the only thing that makes it just suck is the control parameters are extremely limited. If you dont tweak via the app then its extremely limited. If they actually implemented a good user user interface then this might actually be worth checking out.
That is basically why I sold my H9. I just hate to have to rely on an external app to tweak things. It sounded great bu the user experience was a disaster for me.

I haven't been a fan of their modulation algorithms (e.g. Modfactor, which to my understanding was the same in the H9). Wonder if the H90 is the same?
It seems that they "improved" the H9 algos, so it still must be close the the ModFactor algos.

The fact that you can use the 2 available algos in PARALLEL is what sells it...
If you had 2 H9, you need a mixer to run in parallel...
Hell the ability to run it 4CM and then I can route my PCM81 into it as well full stereo is insane.

Ironically my damage control timeline just started acting up and it’s not tube related. I think it finally shit the bed. If strymon won’t repair it I’m interested in the H90.

Back