I gave Suhr another shot! NGD

CarlF

Got me a Pete Thorn sig in Garnet Red. The guitar checked all the boxes for me.
When you take the guitar out of the case and it flat out is set-up perfect that's always a good sign. I didn't have to touch a thing.

1668097708425.png

1668097742790.png

1668097774588.png

Thanks! Yes, this guitar can actually make me a Suhr fan-boy. Already plotting if I could get another!

Awesome guitar. Congrats! Had one just like it. Foolishly sold it thinking I needed a HSS Strat instead, but that Thorn sounded great, played so well, and was dead sexy. Mine had a weird thing where one note on the neck would make the trem springs vibrate sympathetically, big time. I put some tissue paper in the trem cavity and it completely went away. I imagine coated springs would’ve done the trick too.

Congratulations! I would love to pick one of these up eventually. On paper it checks all of the boxes. How well do the trem stay in tune? I don't get crazy on the bar, but there is a huge difference in tuning stability between my two-point strat with a Gotoh 510 and my OFR Charvel.

Congratulations! I would love to pick one of these up eventually. On paper it checks all of the boxes. How well do the trem stay in tune? I don't get crazy on the bar, but there is a huge difference in tuning stability between my two-point strat with a Gotoh 510 and my OFR Charvel.
The trem stays in tune exceptionally well.

Back