Pennsylvania

All of that may be true, but there's no denying the Republican party bears most of the blame for this result. The economy is in shambles, crime is surging everywhere, Biden is one of the most unpopular presidents in modern history, and the electorate is generally in a very foul mood about every major issue. It's also an off-year election, where according to historical pattern the out-of-power party almost always makes significant gains.

Yet as of now, the Democrats have picked up one seat in the senate, two governorships, and control of the house hangs by a thread. That is an absolutely appalling performance given the overall political climate and the fact that polls were generally predicting major Republican gains.

There's no denying the Republican leadership in the senate is hugely unpopular across wide swaths of the US, and the Republicans ended up with very little to show for it the last two times they were given a majority. The leadership seems listless and almost as if they want to remain in the minority as they rarely put forward policy proposals and seem content to simply criticize Democrats. There's very little that resembles actual leadership, and at times it was hard to tell which side Mitch McConnell was even on! It also has to be said that the swing state candidates fielded by the Republicans in this election were nothing short of a clown car.

This country is at a historic political crossroads and the best candidate the Republicans can come up with for one of the most important senate races in the nation is . . . Herschel Walker? Are you f'king kidding me? And in Pennsylvania the Democrat candidate can barely form coherence sentences and he won by ten points!

The what-went-wrong articles are already pouring in from conservative sites, yet it's obvious this is going to be the easiest post-election analysis ever.

Even given the levels of entrenched partisanship across the nation, Republicans should have coasted to victory in both houses of congress. Voters are very unhappy with Democrats, yet the simple fact is that America took a look at what Republicans were offering and said, "No thank you."

Democrats are in shock. They can't believe they did this well.

You nailed it. While my state (Florida ) is obviously doing well, the rest of the country scares me. The fact that things are this deranged, and people still said “hard pass” on republicans tells me one thing. We are deeply divided as a country, and no one is budging. Gone are the days of the pendulum flying to the other side when this country is a shitshow. People are more motivated than ever to vote, because each side is terribly afraid of the other side’s ideology. So that’s the scary part, is it doesn’t seem to matter to these people, they want things to continue as they are. We are like two fists pushing against each other.

Last edited:
fuckin red trickle.....re-pub party leadership needs to be fired....and Obama said never underestimate Biden's ability to fuck something up?....Republican party leadership-"hold my beer...."...fuckin joke...

Because they are all digital votes counted in less than a millisecond by a computer. No paper, and no scrutiny. Very poor analogy.

MAGA conspiracy theories are turning voters away. You guy's need to jump ship on this.

DeSantis is a better candidate for 2024. Only problem is Trump will dog shit all over him, and split the base. Unless you guys jump ship before then.
NOPE! We want DeSantis to stay right here in Florida. When his term is up then he can go after the presidency.

The democrats only ran on abortion rights for the most part. Nothing else. They demonized the republicans as tyrants who want to decide what a woman should do.
The interesting fact that should be address is the leak on the Roe vs Wade. How convenient to release that months before the midterms to get the base worked up.
I think the election would be looking a lot different if that wasn't leaked.

I think they are dragging this out because they think Republicans are going take all of congress back

71BC8DDF-1EDD-49F2-9E30-656DFD7BDA98.jpeg

Partisanship is strong in America. Critical thinking skills are nonexistent. We are fat and lazy. We are far, far removed from the generations that stormed the beach at Normandy and stood up to the British in the name of liberty. We are late stage Rome hurling headlong towards our demise.
One tie between the fall of the Roman empire and modern USA: the proliferation of homos.

Beat me to it.
I was just going to post the same thing.
If it weren't for amusement parks and good cigar prices I'd have no use for PA.
But unfortunately with a 10yo I get to make 3 trips a year there

I don't think they are, actually.

I don't know the final outcome yet. But I agree history shows the party out of power should do really well in the midterms.
As a middle the road independent myself, I like to see a balance of power. Particularly Dem, and Repubs that are not in the far left/right.
Many Americans are this way, we are the ones that decide elections because we can swing both ways.

I know this is super unpopular here, but the problem with the Republican party is "MAGA"

The "Tea Party" was the precursor to "MAGA", and it's what F'ed McCain, and gave you Obama for 8 years.

I know MAGA is crazy popular with the followers, they are super hard core loyal. However they do not make up enough of the electorate.
The Supreme Court fucked the mid-term elections for the Republicans, along with the MAGA hangover. You can't overturn Roe without an affect at the polls. Biden is the most ineffective president I've seen in my lifetime and my lifetime includes the Carter administration. The Republicans would have routed the Dems had the court not taken on Dobbs. That drove a lot of Dems to the polls.

I'm either a conservative liberal or a liberal conservative, haven't figured out which yet. I mostly think politicians suck as a rule

The Supreme Court fucked the mid-term elections for the Republicans, along with the MAGA hangover. You can't overturn Roe without an affect at the polls. Biden is the most ineffective president I've seen in my lifetime and my lifetime includes the Carter administration. The Republicans would have routed the Dems had the court not taken on Dobbs. That drove a lot of Dems to the polls.

I'm either a conservative liberal or a liberal conservative, haven't figured out which yet. I mostly think politicians suck as a rule

Yeah, and if Trump gets the nomination, Biden beats him again. On the flip side DeSantis easily beats Biden, but Trump won't have it, he'll crack the party right in two.

I usually get attacked after speaking the Truth like this. Yet my predictions have been 100% spot on for years. All it takes is objective reasoning, which most people are clouded with bias, and it bites them in the ass every time.

Back