Jeff Healey was a bad ass

A JCM 800 and cab that he once used was at a local shop the last few months and sold recently. Looked like an ‘85 and it was beat to all hell but I plugged into it and it sounded glorious.

Killer band in this clip too but yeah, I always found him and Collin James to have had this awesome aggressive straight ahead blues thing going on. Amazing what Healey was able to play given the way he learned. That thumb works overtime.
Looks like Marcus Miller on bass

Sadly when he was young he had a retinoblastoma of the eyes so they plucked them out. Then later on he had a soft tissue tumor called sarcoma in the legs which metastasized to the lungs😕. He was fucked by genetics. BUT he over came his blindness and was a fucking monster player who we still talk about today. Damn good voice too! Anyone ever try to play a guitar the way he did? It’s like a folded up piano… he was the man! And Roadhouse is one one the best “worst” movies ever. My wife hates it because I constantly quote it.

Sadly when he was young he had a retinoblastoma of the eyes so they plucked them out. Then later on he had a soft tissue tumor called sarcoma in the legs which metastasized to the lungs😕. He was fucked by genetics. BUT he over came his blindness and was a fucking monster player who we still talk about today. Damn good voice too! Anyone ever try to play a guitar the way he did? It’s like a folded up piano… he was the man! And Roadhouse is one one the best “worst” movies ever. My wife hates it because I constantly quote it.
Which is the better quote, "I thought you'd be taller" or "I used to fuck pussies like you in prison!"? Or is there an even better one I can't remember? :unsure:

Back